Richardson RFPD Inc. announced the availability and full design support capabilities for a new 4G/LTE embedded cellular module from Sierra Wireless.
The EM7565 offers global 4G/LTE coverage on 24 LTE bands. It provides uplink speeds up to 150 Mbps, downlink speeds up to 600 Mbps and support for carrier aggregation and 256 QAM. The module also supports LTE-LAA and 3.5 GHz CBRS band. The EM7565 dramatically improves network performance and enables businesses to use one module for global 4G networks.
The EM7565 enables IoT applications requiring fast two-way network performance for mobile computing, networking and industrial M2M.
The EM Series of embedded modules is the fifth generation of LTE modules from Sierra Wireless. They are offered in the PCI Express M.2 form factor, and support secure, authenticated firmware-over-the-air (FOTA) updates.
Additional key features of the EM7565 include:
- Automatic fallback to 3G networks
- Integrated GNSS receiver (GPS, GLONASS, Beidou and Galileo satellite systems)
- Multiple operator certifications and network switching capability for increased manufacturing flexibility
- 4G LTE Cat-12 frequency bands: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B9, B12, B13, B18, B19, B20, B26, B28, B29, B30, B32, B41, B42*, B43*, B46, B48*, B66 (*future variant)
- 3G HSPA+: B1, B2, B4, B5, B6, B8, B9, B19