The IMS2020 and Microwave Week, which has transitioned to a virtual event, will kick off next week with presentations from RF and microwave industry leaders. The event, which takes place from August 4 to 6, is focused on the theme of 'Connectivity Matters.' The online conference will be available on-demand for registered participants until September 30, 2020.
IMS2020 is built on five pillars that connect the world: 5G and 6G networks, aerospace and defense programs, autonomous vehicles, the digital economy, and ensuring the connection of under-represented communities. Featured events include the 5G Summit, Women in Microwaves Panel Session, Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) Competition and more. The event's full schedule, including a virtual exhibition with the industry's most innovative companies, can be found here.
This year's event will include keynote sessions from five leaders who are revolutionizing the microwave and RF industry. Keynotes include:
- Talk Title: The Broadband Space Race—What Does the Future Look Like?
- Mark Dankberg, Chairman & CEO, ViaSat
- Talk Title: Is the third wave coming in CMOS RF?
- Thomas Cho, Executive Vice President, Head of Infra & Design Technology Center at Samsung
- Talk Title: The Flexible Future of RF
- Ali Hajimiri, Bren Professor of Electrical Engineering and Medical Engineering at the California Institute of Technology
- Talk Title: Can Digital Technologies Really Change the World?
- Doreen Bogdan-Martin, Director of the Telecommunication Development Bureau of the International Telecommunication Union
- Talk Title: The Road Ahead for Quantum Computing
- Hartmut Neven, Engineering Director, Google AI Quantum Team
The conference is co-located with IEEE's Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits Symposium (RFIC) and ARFTG Microwave Measurement Conference.