The IMS2020 and Microwave Week transitioned to a virtual event, officially taking place from August 4 – 6, 2020. The event will continue with the theme of ‘Connectivity Matters’—built on five pillars that link the world: 5G & 6G networks, aerospace and defense programs, autonomous vehicles, the digital economy, and ensuring the connection of under-represented communities—and feature keynote speakers from industry leaders such as Samsung, Google, California Institute of Technology, and the Telecommunication Development Bureau of the International Telecommunication Union.
Live Event Dates:August 4 – 6, 2020 (All times are PDT)
On Demand Dates: August 4 – September 30, 2020
Tuesday, August 4, 2020:
09:00 - 13:00 Three Minute Thesis (3MT)
13:00 - 15:00 Ham Radio Talk & Demo
16:00 - 17:30 RFIC Plenary
Pre-Recorded Technical Lectures, MicroApps and Industry Workshops will be available starting 08:00 PDT on Tuesday.
RFIC Pre-Recorded Technical Sessions will be available immediately following the RFIC Plenary Session.
Wednesday, August 5, 2020:
09:30 - 11:00 IMS Plenary
11:30 - 12:00 Joint IMS/RFIC Panel Session
13:00 - 17:00 5G Summit
16:30 - 18:00 Young Professional Panel Session
IMS Pre-Recorded Technical Sessions will be available immediately following the IMS Plenary Session.
Thursday, August 6, 2020:
09:30 - 11:00 ARFTG Keynote
11:30 - 13:00 IMS Panel Session
13:30 - 15:00 WIM Panel Session
16:00 - 17:30 IMS Closing Session
ARFTG Pre-Recorded Technical Sessions will be available immediately following the ARFTG Plenary Session.
Exhibition Live Hours Each Day, August 4-6 , 2020:
09:00 - 13:00 (Europe focused)
13:00 - 17:30 (US focused)
17:30 - 21:00 (Asia focused)
“Though we are physically apart for this year’s IMS, we’re excited to bring our industry together virtually,” said Timothy Lee, IMS2020 General Chair. “The keynotes for IMS2020 represent the best and brightest from our community, and we’re looking forward to having them address our attendees albeit digitally.”
This year’s keynotes and their presentations include:
- Thomas Cho, Executive Vice President, Head of Infra & Design Technology Center at Samsung
- Talk Title: Is the third wave coming in CMOS RF?
- Ali Hajimiri, Bren Professor of Electrical Engineering and Medical Engineering at the California Institute of Technology
- Talk Title: The Flexible Future of RF
- Doreen Bogdan-Martin, Director of the Telecommunication Development Bureau of the International Telecommunication Union
- Talk Title: Can Digital Technologies Really Change the World?
- Hartmut Neven, Engineering Director, Google AI Quantum Team
- Talk Title: The Road Ahead for Quantum Computing
The conference is co-located with IEEE’s Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits Symposium (RFIC) and ARFTG Microwave Measurement Conference. Events featured include the Technical Sessions, Technical Lectures, Panel Sessions, 5G Summit, Industry Workshops, MicroApps and a Virtual Exhibition.