Empower RF Systems is pleased to release additional, industry leading power amplifier models that compliment the frequency coverage and power level “footprint” of their next generation, high power PA product family. Model 2175, covering 80 to 1000 MHz and delivering 500 W of broadband output power in a 3U, air cooled chassis is market released and available for immediate purchase. Offering unrivaled size / power advantages and building on a design architecture that has been a catalyst for technology upgrades from customers with diverse requirements from multiple markets, Model 2175 provides excellent performance for end applications that include, but are not limited to, test and measurement, electronic warfare, and communications. This unit is the “baby brother” to the highly successful 2162 (1 kW in 5U chassis) and both models are included in Empower’s inventory program with Richardson RFPD: http://www.empowerrf.com/products/distribution.php
In addition to the size / power density breakthrough that has been solidified with the market introduction of this 80 to 1000 MHz, 500W amplifier in a 3U chassis, additional features include:
- Single RF input and output operating over the specified frequency ranges.
- User selectable configuration and operation in three different modes - AGC (Automatic Gain Control), ALC (Automatic Level Control) and MGC (Manual Gain Control).
- Compact, lightweight and portable for easier maneuverability in lab environments or tactical deployments, upgrades for extreme environmental conditions.
- Enhanced ruggedness using the latest in high voltage RF transistors (LDMOS).
- Fast Electronic VSWR Protection providing safe and reliable operation during adverse load conditions.
- Modern and multi-faceted monitoring and control (M&C) user interfaces, including a web browser, TCP/IP Ethernet, RS-485 interface and a front panel touchscreen display. (Optional IEEE-488 GPIB interface available).
- Self-Protection and diagnostics throughout the system including currents, voltages, forward and reverse power, temperature and VSWR.
User interface capabilities of this amplifier that are standard with Empower next generation designs allow the user to initiate remote management and diagnostics via an embedded web server, enabling network managed site status and control simply by connecting the unit's Ethernet port to a LAN. Using a web browser and the unit's IP address (IPV4) allows ease of access with the benefit of multilevel security. The control system core runs an embedded OS (Linux).
For more information visit http://www.EmpowerRF.com.