- Buyers Guide
Remcom has been a pioneer in the field of electromagnetic simulation since it was founded in 1994, introducing the first commercial FDTD solution. Raymond Luebbers and his graduate students H. Scott Langdon and Christopher Penney formed Remcom as an extension to the research that they were conducting at the Pennsylvania State University. They discovered that a need existed for a product that combined a user-friendly graphical user interface (GUI) with the power of the Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD) method. The result is XFdtd,® a full wave 3D electromagnetic solver with unique, true MPI capability.
Using the experience gained in bringing XFdtd to market, Remcom continued to develop additional methods for solving difficult electromagnetic problems and began to offer an even wider array of electromagnetic analysis tools. A continual investment in product development guided by strong customer relationships has enabled Remcom to grow into a market leader in both innovation and providing exceptional service.
Today, Remcom’s products are used by organizations of all sizes, from multi-national corporations to small consulting firms. Our software licensing is flexible enough to accommodate any team structure, from single-office installations to globally accessible license servers. We are proud of our evolution to a full service partner, providing a suite of innovative software and services, accessible and responsive support provided by a staff of experts, and comprehensive training.
Our family of products includes
• XFdtd®: Allows larger and faster computations than any other solver via the capability of computer clusters.
• XStream®: Acceleration hardware that dramatically shortens the calculation times for many projects, including non-trivial geometries.
• XGtd®: A high frequency GTD/UTD based package for the design and analysis of antenna systems.
• Wireless InSite®: A radio propagation analysis package for analyzing the impact of the physical environment on the performance of wireless communication systems.
• VariPose®: A geometric modeling package for the manipulation and refining of high-resolution human mesh models for the medical and biomedical markets.
• Rotman Lens Designer®: A tool for the design, synthesis, and analysis of Rotman Lenses and their variants based on Geometrical Optics combined with the classical Rotman Lens design equations.
While maintaining focus on our software products, Remcom is also active in consulting and contract efforts. Our Government Services Division develops and maintains government-owned software with applications in radio propagation prediction and general electromagnetic analysis. In addition, Remcom has emphasized a strong focus on providing custom engineered solutions for customers that need specific functionality.
Company Product Categories
Remcom’s technical core competencies are our electromagnetics knowledge base and software development expertise. Our products are used in a wide variety of markets and applications, including:
• Antenna Analysis/Design
• Bio-Medical/EM Effects
• Guided Wave Devices
• Implantable Devices
• Lens Design
• Microwave Circuits
• Ray Tracing
• Specialized Materials and Components
• Ultra Wideband Devices
• Wireless and Radiowave Propagation
• Wireless Communication
As a result of diversified expansion in research and commercial development of our products and services, Remcom has become an established center for innovation. Our business philosophy is to satisfy our customers by delivering exceptional quality, unmatched reliability and state-of-the-art software and services, all backed by our comprehensive customer support.