Smiths Interconnect extends its offering of high frequency wire-bondable chip terminations with the release of its new HR-CTX Series, a small, easy-to-implement, high-reliability product qualified for space applications.
The new HR-CTX high frequency termination series offers excellent broadband performance up to 64 GHz and unrivaled power rating capability up to 5 W in a compact 0404 package. Its four times smaller footprint allows customers to save space and weight on the board, while the total thin film design optimized on Aluminum Nitride offers a high power dissipation.
The HR-CTX Series is qualified for space applications, eliminating the need for customer’s inhouse qualifications. It is supplied with all the necessary test and qualification data to ensure flight compliance.
“Our lightweight and very compact termination ensures optimized return loss for multiple frequency bands and a wide array of applications. This allows to use a single chip in multiple applications, reducing the total cost of ownership for our customers,” said Tullio Panarello, VP and general manager of the Fibre Optics and RF Components Business Unit at Smiths Interconnect.
The new HR-CTX Series is a unique solution reducing the bill of material and offering:
- Power rating up to 5 W, increased by up to 5x over alternative solutions
- Frequency rating DC to 64 GHz with optimal broadband performance
- Excellent VSWR (1.25:1 Typical)
- Total thin film construction
- Reduced footprint allowing for space and weight savings on the board: 0.040" x 0.040" x 0.015"
- Space qualification based on MIL-PRF-55342.