Design is optimized to drive SiC devices at a high speed with desaturation protection
Richardson RFPD Inc. announced the availability and full design support capabilities for a SiC MOSFET driver reference design from Microsemi Corporation.
The MSCSICMDD/REF1 is designed to provide a reliable reference driver solution, a means of evaluating silicon carbide MOSFETs in a number of different topologies, as well as a means to assess device performance for parametric test purposes. The new evaluation board requires only a +24 V power input and is optimized to drive SiC devices at a high speed with desaturation protection. It is a base design that can be simplified depending upon the individual system requirements.
According to Microsemi, additional key features of the MSCSICMDD/REF1 include:
- Adjustable -5 V to +20 V output gate drive
- Galvanic isolation of more than 2000 V on both gate drivers
- Capable of 6 W of gate drive power per side; 8 W with modification
- Peak output current of up to 30 A
- Maximum switching frequency greater than 400 KHz
- Single-ended or RS485/RS422 differential input gate control
- Shoot through (short-circuit) protection
- +/- 100 kV/µS capability
- Programmable dead time protection
- Fault signaling
- Under-voltage lockout protection
To find more information, or to purchase this product today online, please visit the MSCSICMDD/REF1 webpage. The device is are also available by calling 1-800-737-6937.