Richardson RFPD Inc. announced the availability and full design support capabilities for a gallium nitride bias controller/sequencer module from M/A-COM Technology Solutions.
The MABC-001000-DP000L provides proper gate voltage and pulsed drain voltage biasing for a device under test (DUT). The bias controller module offers protection and dynamic control of all MACOM high-power transistors, including its GaN portfolio. The module also provides bias sequencing so that pulsed drain voltage cannot be applied to a DUT unless the negative gate bias voltage is present.
The new controller/sequencer module can be implemented for fixed negative gate biasing with pulsed drain biasing, and for pulsed negative gate biasing with pulsed drain biasing. Both applications will recommend the external circuitry and P-Channel power MOSFET.
The module consists of two functional elements arranged vertically to conserve size and cost.
The first functional element (drain switching) is patterned and populated directly onto the board; the second functional element (gate switching) connects vertically through the first functional element.
According to MACOM, additional key features of the MABC-001000-DP000L include:
- Robust GaN protection at any power up/power down sequence
- Open drain output current of ≤ 200 mA for external MOSFET switch drive
- Internal thermistor or external temperature sensor voltage for gate bias sum
- 30 dB typical EMI/RFI rejection at all I/O ports
- 6.60 x 22.48 mm2 package with 1 mm pitch SMT leads
- Target ≤ 500 ns total switch transition time
- Gate bias output current ≤ 50 mA for heavy RF compression