ANADIGICS Inc., a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, announced that the company is shipping production volumes of its AND0281 and AND0581S Wi-Fi infrastructure front-end integrated circuits (FEICs) to Buffalo for the new WXR-1750DHP router. This high-performance 802.11ac router features three antennas with simultaneous dual-band capabilities and four gigabit wired Ethernet ports.
“Buffalo continues to raise the bar in router and access point connectivity with unparalleled speed, range, and features,” said Masaya Ishimaru, Network Business Unit general manager at Buffalo. “Our new WXR-1750DHP 802.11ac router includes HighPower and Beamforming technologies to ensure optimal performance for even the most demanding users.”
“We are very pleased to partner with Buffalo on the latest generation of its AC1750 class router,” said Dave Cresci, president of ANADIGICS. “Reliance on Wi-Fi networks continues to grow as the number of connected devices rises. ANADIGICS’ WiFi infrastructure FEICs support this trend by providing an industry-leading combination of integration, efficiency, and linearity to minimize time-to-market and maximize throughput at extended ranges.”
ANADIGICS’ family of Wi-Fi infrastructure FEICs leverages the company’s patented InGaP-Plus™ technology and uniquely designed architectures to combine a high performance power amplifier (PA), low-noise amplifier (LNA) with bypass option and RF switch on a single die. This level of integration greatly improves manufacturability and reliability, while reducing PCB space requirements. The AND0281 is optimized for 2.4 GHz applications with 28 dB linear power gain and -35 dB dynamic error vector magnitude (EVM) at +18 dBm output power. The AND0581S operates in the 5 GHz frequency band with 29 dB linear power gain and -35 dB dynamic error vector magnitude (EVM) at +16 dBm output power. Both FEICs are tuned for optimal performance in 802.11ac applications.
ANADIGICS WiFi Infrastructure FEIC Family Key Facts and Highlights:
- Ultra-low EVM in the toughest modulation formats, enabling extremely high transmission data rates
- High gain and output power levels to ensure optimal performance in infrastructure and multimedia applications
- High-precision, integrated power detector to ensure accurate power control over varying load conditions and extend dynamic range
- Industry-leading integration of the PA, LNA with bypass option and SP3T Tx/Rx switch with Bluetooth (SP2T Tx/Rx switch for 5 GHz models) to simplify RF design and reduce time-to-market.
- Compact 3 x 3 x 0.6 mm QFN package with RF ports internally matched to 50 Ohms and DC blocked to reduce PCB space requirements.
For more information, visit www.anadigics.com