Anaren Inc. announced that it will be marketing its new family of Anaren Integrated Radio (AIR) modules with electronics distributor RS Components (RS), headquartered in Oxford, UK. The initiative is Anaren's first partnering opportunity with RS and is expected to provide AIR customers with a valuable new sourcing and support option.
"Anaren is pleased to have its new AIR product line on the RS line card," said Mark Bowyer, the business development manager in Anaren's Wireless Group responsible for the AIR line. "We are especially enthusiastic about the possibilities of supporting AIR, given RS' renowned ability to service rush orders and help customers through their new DesignSpark online support community."
Bowyer added that "the alliance with RS widens Anaren's array of both service-intensive online and brick-and-mortar distribution partners."
Fred Knowles, global head of product management--electronics at RS Components said: "We are delighted to be adding Anaren's family of Integrated Radio (AIR) modules to our stock. The introduction underlines our commitment to provide customers with the most comprehensive selection of parts across the entire spectrum of electronics products from top suppliers worldwide."
As for the AIR product family itself, this recently introduced product line from Anaren provides an elegant, 'plug and play' RF solution -- with each module's footprint being smaller than a postage stamp -- to electronic engineers challenged with adding wireless capability to new or existing devices.
Applications for AIR modules range from industrial control, building automation, and low-power sensor networks -- to lighting, equipment, and appliances intended for inclusion in smart-grid and energy-management scenarios (e.g. automated meter reading, devices and equipment intended for ZigBee® Standard applications, etc.).
More specifically, the AIR module product family offers:
- Easy integration and implementation on existing or newly-designed two-layer PCB
- Very little RF engineering experience necessary
- Tiny common footprints across the product family (e.g., 9 x 12 x 2.5 mm and 9 x 16 x 2.5 mm)
- Pre-certification to applicable industry standards, including FCC, IC, and ETSI
- Choice of embedded or connectorized antenna
- 100% RF-testing
- Low power consumption
- Choice of frequencies in the Global ISM bands to match an OEM's application (433 MHz, 868 MHz, 915 MHz, and 2.5 GHz)
- A growing library of software stacks, supporting specific applications (i.e. devices intended for compliance with the ZigBee(R) Standard)
- Out-of-the-box connectivity -- attributable to a wide range of development tools compatible with Texas Instruments' popular design-tool library, including: AIR BoosterPacks compatible with TI's LaunchPad environment; EZ target boards that work with TI's EZ430 tools; and AIR-equipped EM boards compatible with TI's development kits (CC1101DK and CC2500DK).
- Tape and reel packaging for easy integration into automated assembly systems (matrix tray packaging also avail)
- Competitive pricing: Under $10 for 10K pieces or more.
E-OEM design engineers interested in learning more or securing applications assistance are encouraged to contact Anaren or any authorized AIR module distributor (see website for current listing).
See more from us in our Buyers Guide directory listing.