- Buyers Guide
Molex to feature products, demos at IMS 2013
Molex Inc. announced that it will exhibit at the IEEE 2013 International Microwave Symposium (IMS) in Seattle, WA, June 2-7. Molex will showcase its broad range of products and solutions available for the RF/microwave market, including several new products and live product demonstrations, in booth 719.
The innovative and reliable Molex interconnect products on display will include:
- The new online RF Assembly Builder, a free configuration tool that simplifies the design process, allowing users to build a complete cable and connector assembly and instantly submit an RFQ without downloading any application or software. Molex RF connector designs can accommodate standard RG braided cables, micro coaxial cable, semi-rigid cable, vendor specific custom cables, LMR types and hand conformable cables. Exhibit includes live demonstrations of the RF Assembly Builder.
- Temp-Flex™ Low Loss Flexible Microwave Coaxial Cablesfeaturing solid core or monofilament dielectric for faster signal speed (70% and 85 to 88% Velocity of propagation respectively) and improved electrical performance in high-bandwidth applications. Designed for use in harsh environments, the flexible microwave cables are ruggedly engineered to meet or exceed the requirements for a wide range of industrial and military applications, such as those typically found in aerospace and defense, automatic test and measurement equipment, robotics and medical applications. The low and ultra-low loss microwave coax cables offer phase stability under dynamic conditions, tight impedance tolerances, and bandwidth potential up to 110 GHz.
- A new40 GHz, 2.92mm plug-to-plug cable assemblyuses Temp-Flex Air Enhanced Low Loss Flexible Microwave Coaxial Cables with a typical VSWR of 1.35:1 maximum to 40 GHz. Molex offers standard cables in 2 to 3-inch increments. Other versions and lengths are also available with SMA, SMP, SMPM and Type N.
- Molex Customized RF/Microwave Connectorsare tailored to specific applications and provide design flexibility to OEMs across a wide range of markets. Typical connector solutions include multi-port RF products, IP rated, sealed RF products, solderless PCB attachment, non-magnetic connectors, and a wide range of cable assemblies and unique adapters, all available in 50 or 75 Ohm impedance.
- The RF DIN 1.0/2.3 Modular Backplane Systemis an innovative system that enables designers to consolidate space and improve system routing of RF signals for board-to-board communications. The high-performance system delivers port expansion capability up to 10 ports and 75 Ohm impedance, with 1.00mm axial tolerance for superior orthogonal mating flexibility in a wide range of video and broadcast applications.
Molex is a global leader in RF/microwave cable assembly technologies for aerospace and defense, automotive, consumer electronics, medical, data communications, telecom and wireless industries. For additional information on Molex products for the RF/Microwave market, please visit: www.molex.com/link/rfmicrowavecoax.html and for more information about the Temp-Flex line of coaxial cables, visit:http://www.tempflex.com/products/coaxial-cable/. To receive information on the full range of Molex products and industry solutions, please sign up for the Molex e-newsletter at www.molex.com/link/register/.