- Buyers Guide
Researchers and engineers use CST STUDIO SUITE for the design of EM based components in application areas as diverse as MW&RF component design, EMC and signal and power integrity analysis. CST’s latest software release, CST STUDIO SUITE version 2012 and its multitude of powerful new features and functionality, can help them to streamline their workflows and shorten development cycles. The most significant development in this respect is System Assembly and Modeling.
System Assembly and Modeling (SAM)
Today’s design engineers have to deal with increasingly complex systems whose performance might be affected by the interdependence of components. Consequently, the optimization of the individual components in isolation is still important but might not suffice and an optimization of the entire system may be required. System Assembly and Modeling (SAM) provides an environment that simplifies the management of simulation projects in many ways.
SAM can be used to set-up 3D systems built of various components. Simulation tasks can be defined that include single or multiple components. The user can specify which components should be simulated in 3D and which should be represented by their S-parameters or an equivalent field source. This combination of different levels of simulation helps reduce the computational effort necessary to analyze a complex model accurately. If required, SAM naturally also enables users to create and simulate their system in full 3D. A linked sequence of solver runs can also be initiated. All simulations and links can be defined easily in SAM to enable for example a seamless multiphysics work flow.
Highlights of CST STUDIO SUITE 2012
- System Assembly and Modeling (SAM)
- Drag & drop in the navigation tree (for solids, components, wires, materials) as well for imported CAD and CST files
- New Tabular View to sort, filter and plot result curves of many runs
- New interactive 3D Plot Engine to visualize meshes and field results
- CST MICROWAVE STUDIO (CST MWS) - New Eigenmode solver on curved tetrahedral grids (E)
- CST MWS - New fast resonant solver on curved tetrahedral grids (F)
- CST MWS - New multilayer solver for planar structures, Method of Moments
- CST MWS - Enhanced multi layer models (TLM)
- CST PARTICLE STUDIO ® - PIC Solver supports GPU computing
- CST EM STUDIO® (CST EMS) - 2D magnetostatic solver (Ms)
- CST EMS - Curved tetrahedral elements (Es)
- CST PCB STUDIO (CST PCBS) - New IR Drop solver
- CST PCBS - 3D impedance distribution plot for Power Integrity solver
- CST CABLE STUDIO® - Bi-directional EM-Cable Co-simulation in time domain with T- or TLM-solver
- CST MPHYSICS STUDIO® (CST MPS) - Non-linear stress solver
- CST MPHYSICS STUDIO® (CST MPS) - Non-linear thermal solver
CST STUDIO SUITE 2012 is now available to all customers with a valid maintenance contract. For more information or an evaluation license, please contact your local sales representative.