A comparison of this with other reported work is shown in Table 1.
A chipless RFID tag operating from 4.5 to 6.2 GHz transmits and recovers multi-bit data. Rectangular shaped resonators increase the bit-encoding capacity. Multi-patch RFID chipless tags use narrowband resonant structures to create notch frequencies. Although 6-bit data is encoded in the proposed tag, a higher capacity data structure can be designed by adding more resonators while maintaining the same operating bandwidth. The low-cost single-sided compact chipless RFID tag can be printed directly on many items.
- K. Athauda and N. Karmakar, “Chipped Versus Chipless RF Identification,” IEEE Microwave Magazine, Vol. 20, No. 9, August 2019, pp. 47–57.
- K. Mekki, O. Necibi, C. Boussetta and A. Gharsallah, “Miniaturization of Circularly Polarized Patch Antenna for RFID Reader Applications,” Engineering, Technology and Applied Science Research, Vol. 10, No. 3, June 2020, pp. 5655–5659.
- K. Mekki, O. Necibi, C. Boussetta and A. Gharsallah, “Design of a Miniaturized Dipole RFID Tag Antenna,” Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 13, No. 30, August 2020, pp. 3103–3112.
- A. Attaran and R. Rashidzadeh, “Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Tag for IoT Applications,” IEEE Internet Things Journal, Vol. 3, No. 6, December 2016, pp. 1310–1318.
- M. E. Jalil, M. K. A. Rahim, N. A. Samsuri, R. Dewan and K. Kamardin, “Flexible Ultra-Wideband Antenna Incorporated with Metamaterial Structures: Multiple Notches for Chipless RFID Application,” Applied Physics A, Vol. 123, No. 1, January 2017.
- A. El-Awamry, M. Khaliel, A. Fawky and T. Kaiser, “Adaptive Spectrum Scanning Techniques for Reducing the Identification Time of the Frequency Coded Chipless RFID System,” Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, Vol. 28, No. 11, November 2017.
- M. Pöpperl, A. Parr, C. Mandel, R. Jakoby and M. Vossiek, “Potential and Practical Limits of Time-Domain Reflectometry Chipless RFID,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 64, No. 9, September 2016, pp. 2968–2976.
- H. Zhu, X. Li and S. Jia, “Compact and Coding Expandable Chipless RFID Tag with Bending Arms,” ACES Journal, Vol. 34, No. 9, September 2019, pp. 1359–1365.
- I. Jabeen, A. Ejaz, M. A. Riaz, M. J. Khan, A. Akram, Y. Amin and H. Tenhunen, “Miniaturized Elliptical Slot Based Chipless RFID Tag for Moisture Sensing,” ACES Journal, Vol. 34, No. 9, September 2019, pp.1366–1372.
- M. Polivka, J. Havlicek, M. Svanda and J. Machac, “Improvement in Robustness and Recognizability of RCS Response of U-Shaped Strip-Based Chipless RFID Tags,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, April 2016, pp. 2000–2003.
- A. Ramos, Z. Ali, A. Vena, M. Garbati and E. Perret, “Single-Layer, Flexible, and Depolarizing Chipless RFID Tags,” IEEE Access, Vol. 8, April 2020, pp. 72929–72941.
- D. Betancourt, K. Haase, A. Hübler and F. Ellinger, “Bending and Folding Effect Study of Flexible, Fully-Printed and Late-Stage Codified Octagonal Chipless RFID Tags,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 7, July 2016, pp. 2815–2823.
- N. Tariq, M. A. Riaz, H. Shahid, M. J. Khan, M. S. Khan, Y. Amin, J. Loo and H. Tenhunen, “Orientation Independent Chipless RFID Tag Using Novel Trefoil Resonators,” IEEE Access, Vol. 7, August 2019, pp. 122398–122407.
- K. Mekki, O. Necibi, H. Dinis, P. Mendes and A. Gharsallah, “Investigation on the Chipless RFID Tag with a UWB Pulse Using a UWB IR-Based Reader,” International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 14, No. 2, March 2022, pp. 166–175.
- Y. J. Zhang, R. X. Gao, Y. He and M. S. Tong, “Effective Design of Microstrip-Line Chipless RFID Tags Based on Filter Theory,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 67, No. 3, March 2019, pp. 1428–1436.
- A. Vena, E. Perret and S. Tedjini, “A Depolarizing Chipless RFID Tag for Robust Detection and its FCC Compliant UWB Reading System,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 61, No. 8, August 2013, pp. 2982–2994.
- Y. Z. Ni, X. D. Huang and C. H. Cheng, “Improved Chipless Tag Based on Multifilters,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, No. 8, August 2017, pp. 1890–1896.
- M. Forouzandeh and N. Karmakar, “Self-Interference Cancelation in Frequency-Domain Chipless RFID Readers,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 67, No.5, May 2019, pp. 1994–2009.
- M. Svanda, M. Polivka, J. Havlicek, J. Machac and D. H. Werner, “Platform Tolerant, High Encoding Capacity Dipole Array-Plate Chipless RFID Tags,” IEEE Access, Vol. 7, August 2019.
- C. Herrojo, F. Paredes, J. M. Contreras, S. Zuffanelli and F. Martín, “Multistate Multiresonator Spectral Signature Barcodes Implemented by Means of S-Shaped Split Ring Resonators (S-SRRs),” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 65, No. 7, July 2017, pp. 2341–2352.
- C. Herrojo, M. Moras, F. Paredes, A. Nunez, J. Mata, E. Ramon and F. Martin, “Time-Domain-Signature Chipless RFID Tags: Near-Field Chipless RFID Systems with High Data Capacity,” IEEE Microwave Magazine, Vol. 20 No. 12, December 2019.
- M. A. Ashraf, Y. A. Alshoudokhi, H. M. Behairy, M. R. Alshareef, S. A. Alshebeili, K. Issa and H. Fathallah, “Design and Analysis of Multi Resonators Loaded Broadband Antipodal Tapered Slot Antenna for Chipless RFID Applications,” IEEE Access, Vol. 5, October 2017, pp. 25798–25807.
- A. Ramos, A. Lazaro, D. Girbau and R. Villarino, “Time-Domain Measurement of Time-Coded UWB Chipless RFID Tags,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 116, January 2011, pp. 313–331.
- N. C. Karmakar, “Tag, You’re It Radar Cross Section of Chipless RFID Tags,” IEEE Microwave Magazine, Vol. 17, No. 7, July 2016, pp. 64–74.
- K. Mekki, C. Boussetta and A. Gharsallah, “Design and Miniaturization of UHF RFID Reader Antenna,” 18th Mediterranean Microwave Symposium, October 2018.
- A. Vena, E. Perret and S. Tedjini, “Chipless RFID Tag Using Hybrid Coding Technique,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 59, No. 12, December 2011, pp. 3356–3364.