Anokiwave, Inc. introduced both its fourth generation of high efficiency multi-band Si IC beamformer ICs as well as industry’s first single-chip dual channel IF up-/down-converter with fully integrated LO synthesizer. This new Gen-4 IC family enables greener, lower cost and smaller form factor mmWave 5G radios, for every 3GPP FR2 band.
Anokiwave’s Latest 5G Solutions
Anokiwave recently announced the release of its Gen-4 mmWave Si ICs that offers a unique combination of industry’s highest linear power and output efficiency devices. ICs in this family include the 24 to 30 GHz AWMF-0221, a quad channel, dual polarization beamforming IC, the AWMF-0210, a wideband IF up-/down-converter IC, and the AWMF-0224 a dual channel IF transceiver IC. The IC family provides a complete mmWave to IF signal chain solution for n257, n258, and n261 frequency bands (24 to 30 GHz) while meeting all 3GPP specs, supporting high signal and 5G NR modulation bandwidths as well as 802.11ac/802.11ax waveforms for private wireless networks.
The new ICs offer a wide range of benefits to the 5G OEMs and network operators, such as:
- Multiple 5G bands—n258 and n257/n261—covered in a single IC to reduce the number of radio SKUs
- A new IF transceiver IC with two channels of IF up/down converters, integrated and selectable frequency multiplier, and an on-chip fully integrated LO synthesizer offering significant cost savings to client-side applications
- Just two IC types to completely build the entire mmWave to IF 5G antenna front end
- Advanced digital and telemetry functions for array level optimization and DC power controls
- Kinetic Green™ for dynamic array and attenuator controls, which lower the array’s energy consumption
- Patented ZERO-CAL® function that eliminates the need for array level calibration, thereby greatly increasing manufacturing line-yields of 5G radios and reduce overall radio cost
- Patented Fast Beam Steering™ for fast antenna beam directional change and 3GPP compliance.
“Anokiwave is dedicated to enabling the success of OEMs in the mmWave 5G market with key innovations that provide critical market solutions,” said Robert S Donahue, Anokiwave CEO. “We understand that an effective mmWave 5G network requires the right combination of innovation and cost effectiveness. That’s why we will continue to be a reliable partner in delivering innovative and visionary advanced 5G technologies that meet the industry’s growing demands, providing integrated, lower cost solutions with increased performance capabilities.”
Anokiwave is expected to release devices for additional mmWave frequency bands covering as high as 48 GHz later this year.
To accelerate the development of advanced 5G antennas, Anokiwave provides developer kits for the each of the ICs that include all hardware and software required to enable full evaluation and RF testing with a user-friendly interface and a full set of measured data for reference performance.