Keysight Technologies, Inc. and CTC advanced GmbH, a testing and certification laboratory, have collaborated to certify the first Wi-Fi 6E device. The device, a broadband home gateway, was tested against the most recent version of the European Telecommunications Standard Institute (ETSI) standard EN 303 687, introduced to regulate usage of the new Wi-Fi frequencies (from 5.9 to 6.45 GHz), a mandatory procedure to gain market access.
As a certification laboratory, CTC advanced GmbH is facing demand for Wi-Fi 6E since the beginning of summer 2021. But up to now, no test solution was available on the market. Keysight enhanced the company's IoT Regulatory Compliance Test Solution (IOT0047A) to simplify precompliance testing and post-test analysis with purpose-built test-automation software.
Keysight's IoT Regulatory Compliance Test Solution addresses the requirements of ETSI and FCC regulatory standards for IoT devices operating in industrial, scientific and medical frequency bands, delivering the following key customer benefits:
- Flexible and scalable system configuration generating accurate, reproducible results
- Scalable configuration and reconfiguration to easily divide a full system into separate test stations that can be used in parallel to address different standards and test cases
- Improved system performance with uncertainty reports of each hardware instrument used in the system
- Expandable based on test requirements for better capital planning
- Simplified test and automation of regulatory testing and report generation.
"Regulatory certification is a critical aspect when it comes to optimizing time-to-market of a wireless device. Keysight works closely with regulatory bodies like ETSI and FCC to enable all players of the ecosystem to test their design as early as possible against the new standards. We are proud of this successful collaboration with early adopters, which makes new technologies like Wi-Fi 6E a reality for the mass market," said Boon Juan Tan, vice president and general manager, General Electronics Measurement Solutions at Keysight Technologies.