As digital transformation ecosystem members converge at the third annual Smart Cities Accelerate event in San Diego, Qualcomm Technologies is detailing the growth and vision of the Qualcomm® IoT Services Suite. In less than one year after the offering launch, the unique offering is defining more than 30 smart verticals and introduces an enhanced platform to support the latest IoT as-a-Service (IoTaaS) applications. This growth exemplifies how Qualcomm Technologies is critical to enabling the global digital transformation of industries with a differentiated approach that leverages the growing number of smart devices that make up the connected intelligent edge.
“To directly address the fragmented nature of the IoT industry, our Qualcomm IoT Services Suite offering is helping to bridge the gap for IoT service providers and entities looking to efficiently and effectively deploy smart solutions. In just one year, the offering has grown beyond our expectations, and we are proud of the interest we have attained and the shift in mentality we have driven to meet the needs of smart solutions across multiple industries beyond just smart cities,” said Sanjeet Pandit, senior director and global head of smart cities, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.”
A Differentiated Model The Qualcomm
IoT Services Suite benefits businesses and entities looking to adopt smart solutions. The unique IoTaaS model is designed to remove the need to invest in costly and fragmented efforts. Adopting IoTaaS enables streamlined, end-to-end solutions, taking the place of lengthy processes that previously took months or years and can shrink timelines to a matter of weeks. Ultimately this supports rollout with faster time to commercialization and provides increased accessibility to smart solutions and infrastructure for businesses and communities.
What started as intelligent solutions for Smart Cities has emerged as a powerful digital transformation offering, enabling adopters to create self-sustaining revenue models by monetizing their own smart solutions. The Qualcomm IoT Services Suite’s model is proliferating the digitization of industries, helping to enrich lives through the accelerated transformation of infrastructure and services.
An Enhanced Platform
The Qualcomm IoT Services Suite has introduced enhanced platform features to deliver additional capabilities including:
- Drag and drop deployment with low code development
- Automated device onboarding and management
- Streamlined device configuration and customizable user interface
- Integrated standard operating procedures workflow
- Edge-AI and Cloud integration enabling scalability and efficiency
More than 30 IoTaaS Verticals
Qualcomm unveiled more than 30 IoTaaS verticals across multiple industries. Highlights of the latest key IoTaaS verticals include:
- Inspection as-a-Service provides the ability to detect incidents on construction sites and deploy roof top inspection, safety and security missions as a first responder, provide emergency response and support for natural disasters and more with FlightOps.
- Smart Asset Management as-a-Service delivers highly specialized solutions for supply chain visibility, transforming the asset management experience by improving tracking, compliance and efficiency with Tag N Trac.
- Traffic Management as-a-Service reimagines how cities plan, control, and adapt the flow and movement of traffic on their streets and improves the commuting and driving experience for all road users, traffic signal optimization for reduced congestion and improved safety, and event and emergency notification and pre-emptions with NoTraffic.
- Smart Venues as-a-Service utilizes a lidar based safety and security system which adheres to the privacy concerns and optimizes the utilization of space with TheIndoorLabs.