NXP Semiconductors N.V. announced that its most recent radio frequency front-end (RFFE) solution, designed with Wi-Fi 6 standards, is now designed into the Xiaomi Mi 10 5G smartphone.
Advanced 5G devices make steep demands in terms of performance, integration, size and Wi-Fi 6 capability. NXP’s RFFE solution is highly integrated and tightly packed in a 3 mm x 4 mm package. It is designed with Wi-Fi 6 capability to support advanced portable computing devices, including premier 5G smartphones, and to enable 2 x 2 MIMO functionality with the highest performance. NXP’s compact high performance RFFE solution can reduce the design time and improve time to market significantly for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
“Xiaomi is very pleased to work with NXP in support of developing an RFFE with Wi-Fi 6 support for our flagship 5G smartphones,” said Lei Zhang, vice president of Mi Smartphone and general manager of Hardware R&D, Xiaomi. ”NXP RFFE’s are fully qualified and offer excellent Wi-Fi 6 performance which reduces design time for getting to market faster.”
NXP’s Advanced RF WLAN11ax Portfolio
NXP’s high performance WLAN11ax portfolio supports customers in fulfilling the ever-increasing need for more bandwidth by providing both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz bands that fit the 802.11 ax Wi-Fi 6 standard. NXP offers a flexible portfolio that scales across these specifications. NXP offers 2 x 2 multiple input multiple output (MIMO) support for IEE802.11 a/n/ac/ax applications.
“Xiaomi’s speedy adoption of this RFFE technology will enable them to meet the rapidly rising global demand for Wi-Fi 6 in 5G handsets,” said Paul Hart, senior vice president and general manager of NXP’s Radio Power. “Designed with the latest Wi-Fi 6 standards, NXP’s highly integrated RFFE solutions have the right combination of performance for mobile applications such as Xiaomi’s.”
NXP’s RF Font-end Module Features:
• Small-size 2 x 2 MIMO RFFE module for IEEE802.11 a/n/ac/ax applications.
• Full high band 2,402 to 2,482 MHz and 5,150 to 5,925 MHz.
• Integrated power amplifiers with multiple operation modes for dynamic power efficiency and linearity control.
• Integrated low noise amplifiers supporting high gain and bypass modes.
• Integrated SPDT switches for single antenna RX and TX operation.
• Integrated directional couplers for precise transmit power control.
• Requires no external matching components, DC free input/output ports.
The new RF front-end modules are available now.