Norsat International Inc. announced the launch of a new satellite antenna in its WAYFARER series of portable and easy-to-deploy commercial terminals. The new 1.2-meter auto-pointing fly-away antenna (“WFA120KA”) is a fast-deploying, easy-to-use and compact SATCOM VSAT that is airline checkable. It is the first Ka-band satellite terminal in the WAYFARER series and ideal for communications in remote enterprise, energy, emergency and media applications.
Key features of the WFA120KA 1.2m Ka-band Auto Fly-Away include:
• Easy and intuitive LinkControl™ Interface
• Rugged and lightweight pedestal design
• Lightweight and durable eight segment carbon fiber reflector
• Fast, simple, tool-free deployment
• Automatic three-axis acquisition
• Two-case packing solution
• Wide range of Norsat BUC and LNB configurations
• Set up in five minutes
• Stored in ruggedized, weatherproof cases that are airline checkable (<30 kg each)
Dr. Amiee Chan, president and CEO of Norsat, stated, “We are thrilled to add our first Ka-band satellite antenna to our WAYFARER series of commercial terminals and continue to offer an expansive portfolio of satellite solutions to help our customers meet their communication needs in remote environments and challenging applications.”
Known and trusted for rugged military-grade terminals, together with decades of LNB and BUC product development track record, Norsat has applied its expertise to bring its customers an offering of high-performance and reliable commercial products. The WAYFARER series of commercial terminals includes fly-away, drive-away and fixed terminal solutions available in both manual and auto-acquire capacity and in multiple reflector size.