Keysight Technologies, Inc. announced a new cost effective and flexible single-channel instrument specifically designed to accelerate development of next generation mmWave communications, satellite communications and radar applications.
Keysight's latest edition to the company's UXR-Series of oscilloscopes, the UXR0051AP Infiniium UXR-Series Oscilloscope, offers a frequency range of 110 GHz and 5 GHz of standard analysis bandwidth and provides fast, affordable and flexible analysis of wideband measurements. Keysight's UXR-Series oscilloscopes, with optional mmWave Wideband Analysis functionality, deliver the signal integrity, versatility, affordability and performance needed to bring signal, spectrum and digital capabilities together, within a single instrument.
"Keysight's UXR is an awesome machine that can easily and accurately analyze mmWave 1 x 1 and 2 x 2 multiple input multiple output (MIMO) 5G NR communication links. It has a very low error vector magnitude (0.2-0.9%) for 200 MHz-5 GHz bandwidth signals, even at -40 dBm input power and at 67 GHz," stated Dr. Gabriel M. Rebeiz, distinguished professor and member of the National Academy at the University of California, San Diego. "We connect our 5G phased-arrays to the UXR without any external amplifiers or filters, run the 89600 VSA software and start measuring. It has cut our measurement time from hours to just minutes. I cannot imagine how a state-of-the-art 5G lab can operate today without Keysight's UXR."
Key features and benefits include:
- Superior -158 dBm/Hz displayed average noise level from 28 GHz to 85 GHz which enables golden receiver quality error vector magnitude (EVM) measurements on low power wideband signals.
- Directly measures wideband signals with up to 10 GHz bandwidth and fundamental frequencies as high as 110 GHz, without the need for external down-converters, for high quality wideband analysis.
- Instant upgradability to two independently configurable phase coherent channels for easy MIMO measurement support.
- High-definition, 10-bit analog-to-digital converter with 16-bit digital down-conversion (DDC) I/Q data output to ensure high mmWave measurement accuracy.
- 256 GSa/s real-time or 3,200 MSa/s complex sample rates delivers the industry's widest 110 GHz frequency range and 2.16 GHz DDC analysis bandwidth.
- Flexible mmWave extension and DDC bandwidth license options enable performance and affordability for oscilloscope based mmWave wideband analysis.
"To satisfy the demand for faster speeds and increased bandwidth, mmWave technologies are evolving with techniques such as MIMO and phased array antennas," said Brad Doerr, vice president and general manager of digital and photonics R&D for Keysight's Communications Solutions Group. "Keysight recognized the need for a cost-effective one channel oscilloscope with dynamically configurable bandwidth to support today's single-channel mmWave wideband measurement requirements. The new oscilloscope can instantly expand to two phase coherent channels, enabling customers to easily support this emerging multi-channel evolution."