The AD7386 is a 16-bit, dual simultaneous sampling, high speed, successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to digital converter (ADC) that operates from a 3.0 V to 3.6 V power supply and features throughput rates of up to 4 MSPS. The analog input types are single-ended and are sampled and converted on the falling edge of CS.
The AD7386 has an on-chip sequencer and integrated on-chip oversampling blocks to improve dynamic range and reduce noise at lower bandwidths. A buffered internal 2.5 V reference is included. Alternatively, an external reference up to 3.3 V can be used. The conversion process and data acquisition use standard control inputs, allowing easy interfacing to microprocessors or digital signal processors (DSPs). The AD7386 is compatible with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, and 3.3 V interfaces, using the separate logic supply.
The AD7386 is available in a 16-lead LFCSP package with operation specified from −40°C to +125°C.
- 4-channel, dual simultaneous sampling ADC.
- Pin-compatible product family.
- High 4 MSPS throughput rate.
- Space-saving 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP package.
- Integrated oversampling block to increase dynamic range and SNR and reduce SCLK speed requirements.
- Single-ended analog inputs.
- Small sampling capacitor reduces amplifier drive burden
- Motor control position feedback
- Motor control current sense
- Power quality
- Data acquisition systems
- EDFA applications
- I and Q demodulation