Pickering Interfaces will showcase their broad catalog of PXI and Ethernet LXI RF & Microwave switching solutions at IEEE MTT-S 2018 International Microwave Symposium (IMS) at Booth #2015 from June 10 to 15.
Pickering’s RF & Microwave Switching solutions range from low-level DC signals to RF and Microwave. These switching solutions can be used to increase the flexibility of test and measurement systems with signal bandwidths up to 65 GHz. Configurations available within their PXI and LXI platforms include multiplexers, matrices, transfer and SPDT changeover switches. Pickering’s microwave switch modules include LEDs that indicate when a normally open path has been closed. These indicators aid the user with visual checking of routing during the debug phase of test system development. Below are some of the products that will be highlighted at the show:
- PXI Microwave SPDT Relays (model 40-780A)–this range of modules support from 1 to 4 SPDT relays and are available in a variety of different frequency options for 50 Ω, from 12.4 to 65 GHz–a 75 Ω 2.5 GHz version is also available.
- PXI Microwave Multiplexers (model 40-785B)–This range is available as single or dual 6-channel panel mounted multiplexers with relays mounted on the front panel. The range also includes single slot versions that can support up to three supplied remotely mounted multiplexers. They are characterized for 18, 26.5, 40 and 50 GHz and have excellent performance throughout their frequency range.
- PXI RF Multiplexers (model 40-76X)–this range of RF Multiplexers is available in the following configurations: dual, quad and octal 4 to 1, single, dual and quad 8 to 1, single and dual 16 to 1 and single 32 to 1. All of the multiplexers have versions with automatic terminations to manage VSWR effects, which could degrade the performance of a test system. All the PXI modules can be used in any PXI chassis and can be fitted to PXI hybrid slots in a PXIe chassis. They also can also be used in Pickering Interfaces’ LXI Modular chassis for users preferring control via an Ethernet port, including Pickering’s new:
- 4-slot USB/LXI Modular Chassis (model 60-105)–this chassis complements Pickering’s recently released 2-slot version in that they both offer a small, lightweight form/factor ideal for portable, benchtop and space restrictive applications. These chassis are designed for desk or rack mounting and feature remote control via USB or LXI Ethernet. Remote control over a network enables the switching function of a test system to be located as close as possible to the target equipment. This new 4-slot Chassis supports between one and four Pickering 3U PXI modules and possible switching configurations include 6 x SP6T 40GHz MUX or 2 x 32:1 Terminated 600MHz MUX.
- Both the 2-slot and this new 4-slot chassis are USB 3 compatible and have a fully compliant LXI interface. These communication standards enable the chassis to be controlled directly through standard interfaces found on most personal computers and tablets that support HTML5, allowing for a very practical route into a variety of applications in the modular test and measurement market.
- LXI Wideband Scalable Matrix Chassis (model 65-110A)–this wideband scalable matrix platform was designed to provide a matrix bandwidth in excess of 200 MHz with excellent crosstalk performance for applications requiring Y to X point to point connections. Matrices are created by populating the 65-110A chassis with plugin modules that provide access to the X and Y connections on SMB connectors. The chassis is capable of supporting matrices with Y axis sizes of 8 or 16 connections and X axis size up to 104 connections in increments of eight. Users can specify as many or as few plugin modules as they require in constructing a matrix and can field upgrade the chassis to extend the matrix size.
Pickering will also highlight their eBIRST Switching System Test Tools and Switch Path Manager Signal Routing Software. The eBIRST tools were designed specifically for Pickering’s PXI, PCI and LXI (Ethernet) products, they simplify switching system fault-finding by quickly testing the system and graphically identifying any faulty relays. Switch Path Manager signal routing software streamlines signal routing through switching systems and speeds up the development of switching system software.
Pickering Interfaces stands behind all of their manufactured products with a standard three-year warranty and guaranteed long-term product support.