Empower RF is announcing the availability of their fielded Model 2203 high power amplifier, which operates from 1 to 30 MHz and delivers a minimum of 1 KW CW. The 2203 is capable of operating in multi-domain scenarios as a jamming or communications transmitter with any type of modulation (AM, FM, multi-tone, pulse, PSK, FSK and complex digital modulation).
The 2203 is designed with the latest 50 V LDMOS device technology, which lowers transistor count and reduces combining losses, increasing efficiency and reliability. In addition to the standard array of user-configurable, multi-mission mode settings, the amplifier offers user selectable "graceful output power degradation," backing down power to a safe operating level in case of component failure or excessive load VSWR.
The Model 2203 has the following features:
Selectable Output Power Control
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
- Automatic Level Control (ALC)
- Manual Gain Control (MGC)
Selectable Operating Modes
- CW, FM, AM, CE
- Digital Modulation
- Pulse Modulation
- Gated Pulse, Blanking
Input Power Options
- 220 V Single Phase
- Three Phase Delta or Y (208 or 380 VAC)
- 48 V DC
- Load VSWR 3:1 (6:1 at 50 percent Psat)
- Input Overdrive Protection
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Over and Under AC Voltage Protection
- Out-of-Band Drive Protection
- Selectable "Graceful Output Power Degradation"
- Electronic VSWR Protection
The compact and durable rack-mount amplifier is the newest member of Empower’s Next Generation product portfolio. Sharing the family’s common hardware and software architecture, the Next Generation family is now being used in mission-critical applications covering 1 MHz to 6 GHz.