Integrated Device Technology, Inc. (IDT) introduced two high performance single-pole, double throw (SPDT) reflective switches covering 5 MHz to 10 GHz. The F2972 and F2976 offer an industry-leading mix of low-insertion loss, high isolation, low distortion and high power handling and come in compact 2 x 2 mm packages.
The IDT® devices are specified for use in either 50 or 75 Ω systems, offering versatility for a wide range of markets and applications: BTS wireless communications equipment, DOCSIS 3.1 CATV, drones and consumer products.
The F2972 and F2976 have similar RF performance and pin outs; however, each device has a unique feature pin. The F2972 offers an enable/disable pin for green, low power consumption. The F2976 has a logic-select feature pin that allows the user to invert the switch control logic, enabling the control of multiple switches with a single control line, where each switch needs to be in different states.
Duncan Pilgrim, general manager of IDT's RF division, said, "F2972 and F2976 expand IDT's RF portfolio to include reflective style switches in tiny 2 mm x 2 mm packages. These devices, while small in size, have incredibly wide bandwidth and highly differentiated RF performance. Because these devices support such a broad range of applications, with leading RF performance, we can help customers drive down their total solution cost."
The new IDT RF devices feature:
- Low insertion loss of 0.36 dB and isolation of 42 dB at 2000 MHz.
- Extremely low distortion that allows these devices to be used in a wide range of applications.
- IIP2/IIP3: 120/77 dBm
- H2/H3: −100/−120 dBc
- CSO/CTB: greater than 100/greater than 100 dBc
- F2972: An enable/disable feature that conserves power consumption.
- F2976: A logic select feature that delivers maximum control logic flexibility.
- Silicon-based semiconductor technology.
- Wide 3.3/5 V Vdd and 1.8/3.3 V control voltage ranges.
- Wide −40°C to 105°C temperature range with an excellent thermal characteristic.
A video about the new RF parts can be viewed below:
F2972 and F2976 - High-Performance SPDT Reflective RF Switches