Empower RF is announcing wide availability of their field proven model 2185 high power pulsed amplifier operating from 960 to 1215 MHz at 10 KW Peak and duty cycles from 0.1 to 5%.
This compact and versatile radar transmitting amplifier, with flexible operating modes, makes an ideal fit for radar component testing, advanced research, and system development. Because of its superior SWaP, it is also well suited for mobile EW and threat simulator applications.
Tactical Transmit applications include distance measuring equipment (DME), military identification friend or foe (IFF), tactical air navigation (TACAN), secondary surveillance radar (SSR), and Joint Tactical Information Distribution System/Multifunctional Information Distribution System (JTIDS/MIDS)
Protections are robust and the amplifier features user selectable operating scenarios in the event of certain alarms or device failures that either keep the amplifier transmitting at reduced levels (for mission critical duties) or shuts down. In all cases, alarms are pushed out the LAN port so polling is not required.
Protections and Remote Monitoring
- Excessive VSWR with user selectable fold-back or Shutdown on fault – Electronic VSWR Protection
- Duty cycle and pulse width protection exceeding your pre-set value
- Power supply faults including input line voltage faults
- Output power limit
- Input overdrive
- Cooling and Electronic thermal management and fan health speed
- RF section component failure - will back down power to a safe operating level with “Graceful Output Power Degradation“
Speed of system integration come from a flexible feature set not found in other COTS HPA, making this an ideal choice for research and threat simulation, with the benefit of a future proof architecture.
- User selectable output power management modes - AGC (Automatic Gain Control), ALC (Automatic Level Control) and MGC (Manual Gain Control)
- Selectable RF power detectors optimized to your waveform
- Optional Filter/Switches for improved harmonic rejection can be specified
- Compact, lightweight and portable for easier maneuverability in lab environments or tactical deployments
- Modern and multi-faceted Monitoring and Control user interfaces, including a Web browser, TCP/IP Ethernet, factory configurable serial RS-422 or RS232 interface and a front panel touchscreen display.
User interface capabilities of this amplifier are standard with all Empower next generation designs and allow the user to initiate remote management and diagnostics via an embedded web server or M2M interface, enabling network managed site status and control simply by connecting the unit's Ethernet port to a LAN. Using a web browser and the unit's IP address (IPV4) allows ease of access with the benefit of multilevel security.