MACOM Technology Solutions Inc. (“MACOM”), a leading supplier of high-performance analog RF, microwave, millimeter wave, photonic semiconductor products and components, announced the international debut of 27 new high-performance MMIC products at European Microwave Week (EuMW) 2016. Setting new benchmarks for performance, quality and reliability, these new products comprise the industry’s most extensive portfolio of DC to 100 GHz MMICs for test and measurement, SATCOM, aerospace and defense, wired broadband and industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) applications.
For over 60 years, MACOM’s design and application experts have spearheaded innovation in the RF, microwave and millimeterwave domain. Its proven engineering and technical support teams are advancing this legacy with a new generation of wideband MMIC solutions designed for the most demanding customer applications. Leveraging state-of-the-art foundry technologies and proprietary in-house processes, MACOM has pioneered a new class of high-performance MMICs spanning product categories from amplifiers, frequency converters and control products to frequency sources and detectors, encompassing the entire block diagram from signal generation, amplification and conditioning to conversion and monitoring.
Below are the released high-performance MMIC families:
Gain Block & Low Noise Amplifiers
- Two Industry Leading Wideband Amplifiers – Fully matched and current adjustable amplifier solutions for Multi-Market applications
- Family of Low Noise Amplifiers – Providing industry-leading performance and versatility enabling accelerated time-to-market for customers
Wired Broadband Amplifiers
- Family of Amplifiers – Designed specifically for DOCSIS 3.1 CATV infrastructure applications requiring high gain, superior linearity and low noise figure
Wideband Power Amplifiers
- Industry’s Highest Power MMIC Amplifiers – Covering DC-22 GHz for Test and Measurement, Electronic Warfare and Radar Applications
SATCOM Power Amplifiers
- High Linearity Family of Power Amplifiers for SATCOM Applications – Features the highly integrated L-Band device supporting longer battery life in SATCOM applications
Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCOs)
- Best in Class Octave-Band Family of Voltage Controlled Oscillators – Ideally suited for Test and Measurement, Aerospace and Defense and Communications Systems
“Continued consolidation in the semiconductor industry has disrupted the MMIC supplier ecosystem and left customers with fewer credible, reliable sources for high-performance MMICs,” said Graham Board, Senior Director, Multi-Market Products, at MACOM. “MACOM is meeting this challenge head on by increasing our investment in advanced MMIC technologies and aggressively expanding our MMIC product portfolio. As the only pure-play RF, microwave and millimeterwave supplier with a proven heritage of semiconductor industry leadership – built over six-decades – MACOM is committed to being the trusted, long term supplier of choice for the next generation of high-performance MMICs.”
Samples of select new MACOM MMICs are available now. Additional product information can be obtained from the MACOM website at: www.macom.com.
MACOM is showcasing its new portfolio of high-performance MMICs at EuMW 2016 this week in London. Attendees can visit MACOM at stand #207. For more information on MACOM’s high-performance MMICs, please visit: www.macom.com/mmics.