Requires minimal integration effort; ideal for retrofitting existing products
Richardson RFPD Inc. announced the availability and full design support capabilities for a new active rugged antenna from Maxtena, Inc.
The M1227HCT-A2-SMA is designed for L1/L2 GPS and GLONASS bands, and specifically for applications requiring greater accuracy than L1 antennas can provide. It is built on Maxtena’s Helicore® technology, which provides exceptional pattern control, polarization purity and high efficiency in a very compact form factor.
The M1227HCT-A2-SMA features a screw-on design, with an integrated SMA connector. It offers superior filtering performance and is rated for 50 V/m out-of-band interference. It requires minimal integration effort, making it ideal for retrofitting existing products. The new antenna is equipped with an O-ring and its rugged assembly is rated IP-67.
According to Maxtena, additional key features of the M1227HCT-A2-SMA include:
- Frequency: 1217-1250 MHz (L2); 1565-1610 MHz (L1)
- Polarization: RHCP
- Passive peak gain: 2 dBic @ 1227 MHz (typical); 2 dBic @ 1575 MHz (typical)
- Total gain: 30 dBic @ 1227 MHz (typical); 28 dBic @ 1575 MHz (typical); 28 dBic @ 1602 MHz (typical)
- Out-of-band rejection: >50 dB
- Current drain: 25 mA (typical)
- Voltage: 3-12V
- Noise figure: 1.5 dB (typical)
To find more information, or to purchase this product today online, please visit the M1227HCT-A2-SMA webpage. The device is also available by calling 1-800-737-6937.