Mobile Experts released a 52-page market study, which provides detailed analysis of http://mobile-experts.net/manuals/mexp-cran-13 toc.pdfLTE-Advanced: Adoption of CA, CoMP, eICIC, Relays and MU-MIMO. This fresh analysis looks at both infrastructure and handsets/terminals, to describe the impact of each upcoming LTE feature on the hardware.
Joe Madden, principal analyst at Mobile Experts explained, "The standards committees at 3GPP have been busy, documenting many new features which will improve the performance of LTE systems. This report provides a view of the commercial viability of each feature, and our expectations for the adoption timeframe."
"During the course of our research in base stations and terminals, we have looked into Carrier Aggregation, CoMP, eICIC, Relays, and Advanced MIMO," explained Madden. "Each one of these features affects both infrastructure and handsets, so we have found that many of our customers are blind with regard to the timing and the true impact of these features."
This 52-page market study includes 43 charts and diagrams, including:
- A detailed list of Carrier Aggregation systems worldwide, with spectrum blocks to be used;
- Handset block diagrams to show the impact of Carrier Aggregation;
- System diagrams illustrating expected CoMP architectures in downlink and uplink, along with adoption forecasts;
- Architectural diagrams for Intercell Interference Coordination (ICIC), eICIC, and feICIC variations, along with predicted adoption timing;
- 5-year forecasts for relay node deployment;
Detailed breakdowns of Single-User MIMO (SU-MIMO) and Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) in the downlink and the uplink, including
- Estimated impact on the base station market;
- Forecasts for advanced MIMO in the handset/terminal market.