Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS) introduced the next-generation of BenchVue, an intuitive, easy-to-use PC software application that provides multiple-instrument measurement visibility and data capture that eliminates the need for instrument programming.
The second major release of BenchVue features expanded data logging capabilities and ability to work with new types of instruments such as data acquisition units and power sensors. The new release also features easier, faster connectivity, allowing users to get up and running nearly instantaneously. These features, coupled with BenchVue’s existing functionality, are further reinventing bench testing by providing engineers and technicians easier viewing, logging and exporting of measurement data, while also greatly accelerating common testing tasks.
“Since BenchVue’s initial introduction, bench-instrument users have strongly embraced its ease-of-use in helping them accomplish their measurement tasks,” said Rod Unverrich, senior software manager at Keysight. “The new software release builds on the capabilities our customers have come to love by further simplifying instrumentation usage on the bench.”
BenchVue advances the way engineers interact with their instruments and their entire bench from initial connection to completing their analysis. Users simply plug an instrument into their PC over LAN, GPIB or USB and the instrument is automatically configured for use in BenchVue. No programming or separate instrument drivers are required, greatly accelerating common testing tasks for engineers and technicians. Data capture and export is accomplished with just a few clicks, keeping engineers focused on the measurement task at hand. BenchVue’s key features include:
- Data logging for digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, data acquisition units, signal analyzers, power supplies and power sensors
- Plug and play functionality for instrument control of all supported instruments, including waveform select and output control for function generators
- A mobile application to free engineers from their bench, enabling them to remotely monitor and respond to tests
- One-click screen capture with annotation for fast professional documentation
U.S. Pricing and Availability
Keysight’s new BenchVue software for the PC is now available. The powerful software can be downloaded free of charge at www.keysight.com/find/benchvue.
BenchVue is available worldwide. The following upgrades are available to extend BenchVue’s functionality:
- BV0001A BenchVue Digital Multimeter Pro Software License $200
- BV0002A BenchVue Function Generator Pro Software License $750
- BV0003A BenchVue Power Supply Pro Software License $150
- BV0004A BenchVue Oscilloscope Pro Software License $400
- BV0005A BenchVue Spectrum Analyzer Pro Software License $500
- BV0006A BenchVue Data Acquisition Pro Software License $500
More information on BenchVue is available at www.keysight.com/find/benchvue.