Richardson RFPD Inc. announces immediate availability and full design support capabilities for a new 14-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) from Analog Devices Inc. (ADI).
The AD9683BCPZ-250 core features a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic, as well as wide bandwidth inputs that support a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations. A duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) is provided to compensate for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converter to maintain excellent performance. The high speed serial interface (JESD204B) reduces board routing requirements and lowers pin count requirements for the receiving device. The ADC output data is routed directly to the JESD204B serial output lane. These outputs are at CML voltage levels. Data can be sent through the lane at the maximum sampling rate of 250 MSPS, which results in a lane rate of 5 Gbps. Synchronization inputs (SYNCINB± and SYSREF±) are provided.
The AD9683BCPZ-250 is designed to support communications applications where low cost, small size, wide bandwidth, and versatility are desired, including cellular infrastructure and CATV.
Key features of the new ADC include:
- Sample rates of up to 250 MSPS
- IF sampling frequencies of up to 400 MHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) = 70.6 dBFS at 185 MHz AIN and 250 MSPS
- Spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) = 88 dBc at 185 MHz AIN and 250 MSPS
- Total power consumption: 434 mW at 250 MSPS
- 1.8 V supply voltage
- Integer 1-to-8 input clock divider
- Internal analog-to-digital converter (ADC) voltage reference
- Flexible analog input range: 1.4 V p-p to 2.0 V p-p (1.75 V p-p nominal)
- JESD204B Subclass 0 or Subclass 1 coded serial digital outputs
- ADC clock duty cycle stabilizer (DCS)
- Serial port control
- Energy saving power-down modes
The AD9683BCPZ-250 is part of ADI's Select Products for Q4, 2013.
Richardson RFPD's design advisors provide extensive technical expertise and design-in assistance for ADI products, including this new 14-bit ADC. The device is in stock and available for immediate delivery. To find more information, or to purchase the device today on the Richardson RFPD website, please visit the ADI Select Products for Q4 webpage.The device is also available by calling 1-800-737-6937 (within North America); or please find your local sales engineer (worldwide) at Local Sales Support. To learn more about additional products from ADI, please visit the ADI storefront webpage.