- Buyers Guide
I don't normally point out specific products but I like to highlight new technology or products first to the market. RFMD has introduced the industry’s first surface mount GaN power doubler module aimed at CATV networks. It uses a combination of GaN HEMT and GaAs pHEMT technologies and provides high output capability from 45-1003 MHz with excellent distortion performance.
- 45 to 1003 MHz GaAs/GaN Power Doubler Module
- 61dBmV Rated Power
- High Current Mode: 450mA at 24VDC
- Low Current Mode: 350mA at 24VDC
- Min. Gain: 22.5dB at 1GHz
- Saves ≈ 50% PCBA Area versus SOT115J (with external baluns) 182 mm² versus 362 mm²
- CATV Optical nodes
- CATV Line amplifiers
Microwave Journal will be covering this subject in depth in our April issue next year.