- Buyers Guide
5G and IoT Supplement
Fueled both by consumer demand for entertainment and communication as well as governmental regulatory and economic incentives, companies at all levels of the broadband services and infrastructure value chain are developing new technologies and enabling new services that will continue to push the US broadband market forward over the next 4-6 years. "Recent economic uncertainty will affect the consumer market but will not greatly influence the adoption of WiMAX and other emerging wireless technologies in communications sectors," according to Kirsten West, principal analyst with WTRS. "One exception to this is the emergence of WiMAX services targeted at the mobile professional, empowering the connected laptop 'on the go'. This is an application which will likely be negatively impacted by reduced corporate spending due to expense controls that will negatively impact the roll-out and applications targeting the mobile professional."
The newly updated "Wireless Broadband Technology Trends Report Fall 2008" includes coverage of emerging wireless technologies including WiMAX, both fixed and mobile, WiBRO, IEEE 802.16m, HSPA, and LTE. This report is designed to support development of business and product planning activities. Analysis includes an assessment of the market, regulatory, and governmental drivers on global scale. The report includes an analysis of global & regional market trends & forecasts, regulatory issues, standards development, economic effects, and strategic developments. The report also offers a comprehensive analysis of total addressable market issues in individual early geographic areas that makes it possible to join other companies that are entering a particular geographic market and will achieve a reasonable ROI.
(1) The critical factors driving the development of wireless broadband markets.
(2) The development of wired broadband network infrastructure enables and accelerates the deployment of wireless broadband technologies.
(3) How do regulatory issues affect the growth of wireless broadband networks?
(4) What key features of wired broadband technologies compete directly with wireless broadband technologies?
(5) Where does WiMAX fit into the wireless broadband sector? Which geographies and markets are most likely to lead in WiMAX adoption?
(6) What are the drivers and challenges facing LTE adoption?
More information Click Here
WTRS (West Technology Research Solutions) is a California based research, publishing and consulting company providing the leading viewpoint on emerging wireless technologies, markets and applications.
Get access to premium content and e-newsletters by registering on the web site. You can also subscribe to Microwave Journal magazine.