HUBER+SUHNER’s roots lie with two family-owned companies that were founded in the 19th century and evolved independently along similar lines. The Aktiengesellschaft R+E. HUBER, established in Pfäffikon, Switzerland, in 1882 was a telegraph wire and cable factory with the additional designation of ‘Rubber and Gutta-percha Goods Factory.’ The SUHNER & Co. AG was established in Herisau, Switzerland in 1864 and was well-known for its cables and cable insulation, plastics compression factory and injection moulding. The two companies merged in 1969 into HUBER+SUHNER AG, with the corporate philosophy of ‘Excellence in Connectivity Solutions.’ The company focuses on the core competencies of radio frequency, fiber optics and low frequency technologies.
Today, HUBER+SUHNER is a leading global supplier of components and systems for electrical and optical connectivity. The industrial group with its headquarters in Switzerland was established in 1969. Currently, it operates 17 subsidiaries and employs 3500 people. It is also represented by 100 distributors in additional countries. The shares of HUBER+SUHNER are listed on the Swiss stock exchange (SWX Swiss Exchange) in Zurich.
The company offers technical expertise in radio frequency, fiber optics and low frequency engineering under a single roof, providing a broad range of products that can be relied on in the company’s target markets of communication, transportation and industrial applications.
Company Product Categories
HUBER+SUHNER serves the communication, industrial and transportation markets with cables, connectors, assemblies, cable systems, antennas and accessories that are developed and produced utilising fiber optics and high and low frequency technologies.