- Buyers Guide
Aerospace & Defense Electronics Supplement
Early Returns: U.S. Export Control Reform Positive
A&D Test & Measurement
Efficient Design and Analysis of Airborne Radomes
RF Micro Devices Inc. (RFMD) announced the establishment of the Multi-Market Products Group (MPG), following RFMD's successful completion of the acquisition of Sirenza Microdevices Inc. MPG will be led by Bob Van Buskirk, former president and CEO of Sirenza. MPG joins the Cellular Handset Products Group (CPG), led by Eric Creviston, in reporting to Bob Bruggeworth, president and CEO of RFMD.
"We expect the formation of the Multi-Market Products Group will enable RFMD to significantly diversify its business and drive new, profitable growth opportunities beyond the cellular handset market," said Bob Van Buskirk, president of MPG. "RFMD has a tremendous range of technologies, products and supply chain capabilities that MPG can leverage and deploy to better serve our broad base of multi-market end markets and global customers."
Selected examples of technology, products and supply chain benefits include:
• The deployment of RFMD's high performance gallium nitride (GaN) semiconductor process technology into power amplifiers (PAs) for CATV applications, power modules for revolutionary new light-generation applications, and PA modules for cellular infrastructure and emerging WiMAX infrastructure applications
• The re-deployment of existing cellular handset IP into a wide range of broadband, consumer and wireless connectivity products
• The addition of existing CPG products, currently incorporated into highly integrated cellular handset RF solutions, to MPG's current, industry-leading standard products portfolio, such as mixers, RF switches, variable gain attenuators, control devices and PA ICs
• Access to advanced technologies currently in development by RFMD, including micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS), integrated RF shielding, state-of-the-art multi-chip module (MCM) packaging and advanced gallium arsenide (GaAs) semiconductor technologies, including next-generation GaAs HBT and GaAs PHEMT
• The realization of significant supply chain efficiencies, including enhanced component and semiconductor wafer sourcing, cost-efficient IC packaging from common suppliers and greatly improved R&D development cycle times through RFMD's industry-leading, vertically integrated wafer fabs, IC/module assembly facilities and test facilities
Get access to premium content and e-newsletters by registering on the web site. You can also subscribe to Microwave Journal magazine.