Valon Technology announced the availability of the Valon 5015 wide-range frequency synthesizer module. Designed for use in critical frequency synthesis and clocking applications, the Valon 5015 uses multiple phase-lock loops to provide high-level, low-phase noise signals throughout the 10 MHz to 15 GHz range.
Designed and manufactured in California, Valon’s range of frequency synthesizers are perfect for a wide variety of applications that require a spectrally pure and highly stable signal source or timing clock, such as wireless engineering, point-to-point microwave communications, electro-optics, molecular spectroscopy, particle physics and radio astronomy.
“I am looking forward to evaluating the new Valon 5015. I like the good value of the Valon 5009 synthesizer for solving our projects’ needs. We are currently using them for injecting calibration tones into our MA-C signals intelligence receiver system,” said Steve Ahlport, CTO of VStar Systems Inc., a security technology company.
“Our synthesizers often replace laboratory generators costing many times more. They are rugged, reliable and versatile—and deliver a breakthrough combination of cost and performance,” said Stuart Rumley, owner and president of Valon Technology. “We listened to our customers’ requests for a low-cost, easy-to-integrate module. The new Valon 5015 frequency synthesizer addresses all these requirements at an extremely competitive price point. The key feature of all Valon products is how easily and simply they can be incorporated into the user equipment.”
Valon 5015 frequency synthesizer feature overview:
- Uses multiple phase-lock loops to provide exceptionally low phase noise over the 10 MHz to 15 GHz range.
- Multiple loop technique also greatly reduces spurs while providing high-resolution tuning precision.
- High RF power output across a wide frequency range > 13 dBm, typically 15 dBm.
- Incorporates an efficient switching power regulator allowing for an input voltage range from 5 to 15 V.
- Versatile communication interfaces: USB, Ethernet, SPI and TTL Serial.
- External reference frequency can be from 10 to 120 MHz
- EFC – Electronic frequency control for special measurement system applications.
- Rugged design coupled with Valon’s proven design and testing methodology ensures high-reliability for the most demanding applications.
Pricing and availability
The Valon 5015 frequency synthesizer costs $1,795 plus shipping. First customer shipments will commence mid-June. Volume pricing is available on request.