- Buyers Guide
Richardson RFPD introduces DC link power film capacitors from Spectrum Advanced Specialty Products
Richardson RFPD Inc. announces immediate availability and full design support capabilities for a line of high reliability DC link power film capacitors from Spectrum Advanced Specialty Products. The 55DC Link Series is ideally suited for power inverter applications which require superior life expectancy under the harsh operating conditions of wind and photovoltaic installations. The capacitors utilize segmented, self-healing metallized polypropylene for a life expectancy greater than 100,000 hours and feature high capacitance density and ripple current capabilities that make them an ideal replacement for electrolytic capacitors. They offer low Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR) and Equivalent Series Inductance (ESL), are compact and cost effective, and are tested to the environmental specifications of MIL-STD-202.
Key features of the 55DC Link Series include:
- Capacitance Range: 160 μF to 680 μF standard (others available upon request)
- Capacitance Tolerance: +/- 10% standard
- Rated Voltage: 900 to 1300 VDC
- Operating Temperature Range: -55° to +85°C standard (+105°C upon special request)
- Test Voltage Between Terminals: 150 percent rated voltage for 10 sec
- Test Voltage Between Terminals and Housing: 5kVDC for 10 sec
- Enclosure/Construction: aluminum housing, brass terminals with dry resin, UL 94V-0 encapsulant
- RoHS Compliant
Custom, application-specific designs are welcome, with a variety of terminations and specifications available.
See more from us in our Buyers Guide directory listing.