Agilent Offers Enhancements for Ease of Use, Wider Functionality on Handheld Spectrum Analyzers
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 10, 2011 - Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced it is adding new features and options to its recently launched N934xC handheld spectrum analyzer (HSA) family. The introduction also includes HSA PC software enhancements.
“The HSA launched in March 2011 delivered a rich, powerful, field-ready instrument for engineers and technicians,” said Brian LeMay, general manager of Agilent’s Chengdu Instruments Division. “Now we have added even more capabilities to make it one of the most versatile handheld spectrum analyzers available today.”
New standard features of the HSA 20-GHz N9344C, 13.6-GHz N9343C, and 7-GHz N9342C include:
• Autotune for automatically finding, tuning and zooming in on the desired signal.
• Marker enhancements that provide marker zoom-in/out and marker logging with GPS information.
• Graphical user interface that displays channel power in an easy-to-read meter format.
• Data export to Google Earth and MapInfo to easily plot signal strength.
New optional HSA N934xC features include ASK/FSK modulation analysis, a channel scanner, and reference clock synchronization with global positioning system (GPS). A cable and antenna test option is available exclusively for the HSA N9342C.
HSA PC software additions allow users to remotely conduct select measurements, obtain post-analysis of cable and antenna test traces, and display, record, and play back spectrogram data.
These new enhancements augment the existing capabilities of the N934xC HSAs, which include:
• MIL PRF 28800F Class 2-compliance.
• No fans or vents to prevent the ingress of elements.
• One-button measurements and a clear view screen and backlit keys for use in any lighting condition.
• Weight of just 3.6 kg (7.9 lbs), including its maximum four-hour field-replaceable battery.
• Security erase option that protects confidential data with a low-level, non-recoverable reformat of the entire memory chip.
• Task Planner, an Agilent-exclusive option, which compiles multiple measurement setups into a single task plan, reducing field test setup by 95 percent and automating data capture for consistency.
• Best-in-class accuracy, reliability and performance of RF benchtop spectrum analyzers.
U.S. Pricing, Availability and Additional Information
The Agilent N934xC HSA solutions, including the new PC software, start at $11,113.
The Agilent N934xC family—the 20-GHz N9344C, 13.6-GHz N9443C, and 7-GHz N9342C—are available now through Agilent sales representatives and Agilent authorized distributors. The new standard and optional HSA features will be available through Agilent sales representatives beginning in November and through Agilent authorized distributors starting January 2012.
• More about Agilent’s N934xC HSAs is available at www.agilent.com/find/hsa-enhancements.
• View videos of the N934xC at www.agilent.com/find/hsa-videos.
• Learn more about the innovative task planner at www.agilent.com/find/taskplanner.
• Download the free HSA PC software at www.agilent.com/find/hsapc.
• For images of the Agilent’s N934xC HSAs, please visit www.agilent.com/find/hsa_images.
Agilent will demonstrate the N934xC HSA family along with other products and services for wireless communication (radar; RF technologies; high-frequency semiconductors; electromagnetic; commercial and military RF; microwave; and mm-wave electronics and applications) at European Microwave Week (Stand G301), Oct. 11-13, Manchester Central, Manchester, England.