Infineon Technologies AG is expanding its wireless portfolio of high performance, reliable and secure offerings. The newly developed AIROC™ brand now includes the industry’s first 1x1 Wi-Fi 6/6E and Bluetooth 5.2 combo SoC for the IoT, enterprise and industrial applications and its first 2x2 Wi-Fi 6/6E and Bluetooth 5.2 combo SoC for multimedia, consumer and automotive applications. The Wi-Fi 6/6E combo solutions operate in the 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and the new greenfield 6 GHz spectrum to deliver robust performance and minimal latency. This makes them ideal for high-quality video and audio streaming applications like gaming consoles, AR/VR, smart speakers, media-streaming devices and automotive Infotainment. Applications that require an instant response—like security systems and industrial automation – will also benefit from Infineon’s new products.
Infineon’s AIROC Wi-Fi 6/6E-certified solutions go above and beyond the standard requirements to elevate user experience with advanced wireless technology and architectural innovations that result in:
• Double the wireless coverage range compared to Wi-Fi 5 and Wi-Fi 4
• 40 percent more coverage than typical Wi-Fi 6/6E solutions
• Improved connection robustness with enhanced interference mitigation
• Lower latency and better Wi-Fi/BT Coexistence that improves multimedia streaming and gaming responsiveness in overlapping network environments
• Over 20 percent power savings, enabling longer battery life
• Multi-layer security protections with secured boot, firmware authentication and encryption, and lifecycle management, enabling a higher level of security for IoT applications
“AIROC Wi-Fi 6/6E combo solutions address the challenges of congested 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz channels, and bring extraordinary audio and video quality for media applications and robust, long-range connections for IoT applications,” said Vikram Gupta, senior vice president of Infineon’s IoT Compute and Wireless Business Unit.
Infineon's AIROC Wi-Fi 6/6E solutions are also equipped with the latest Bluetooth 5.2 technology, enabling high-quality audio with LC3, and enabling new BLE audio use cases such as audio sharing and audio broadcast. The unique low-power Wake-on-Bluetooth LE mode allows the host CPU to conserve power while the Bluetooth core autonomously “listens” for incoming connection requests. Advanced wireless technology innovations have been added to improve BT/BLE range, robustness, latency and power savings above and beyond standard BT5.2. Infineon’s unique Smart Coex™ maximizes Wi-Fi throughput when used concurrently with Bluetooth, and optimizes for demanding multimedia use cases.