The AD9175 is a high performance, dual, 16-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that supports DAC sample rates up to 12.6 GSPS. The device features an 8-lane, 15.4 Gbps JESD204B data input port, a high performance, on-chip DAC clock multiplier, and digital signal processing capabilities targeted at single-band and multiband direct to radio frequency (RF) wireless applications.
The AD9175 features three complex data input channels per RF DAC datapath. Each input channel is fully bypassable. Each data input channel (or channelizer) includes a configurable gain stage, an interpolation filter, and a channel numerically controlled oscillator (NCO) for flexible, multiband frequency planning. The AD9175 supports an input data rate of up to 3.08 GSPS complex (in-phase/quadrature (I/Q)), or up to 3.4 GSPS noncomplex (real), and is capable of allocating multiple complex input data streams to the assigned channels for individual processing. Each group of three channelizers is summed into a respective main datapath for additional processing when needed. Each main datapath includes an interpolation filter and one 48-bit main NCO ahead of the RF DAC core. Using the modulator switch, the outputs of a main datapath can be either routed to DAC0 alone for operating as a single DAC, or routed to both DAC0 and DAC1 for operating as a dual, intermediate frequency DAC (IF DAC).
The AD9175 also supports ultrawide data rate modes that allow bypassing the channelizers and main datapaths to provide maximum data rates of up to 3.4 GSPS as a dual, 11-bit DAC.
The AD9175 is available in a 144-ball BGA_ED package.
- A low power, multichannel, dual DAC design reduces power consumption in higher bandwidth and multichannel applications, while maintaining performance.
- Supports single-band and multiband wireless applications with three bypassable complex data channels per RF DAC, or configurations that use the two main datapaths as two wideband complex data channels when using the built in modulator switch.
- A maximum complex data rate (per I or Q) of up to 3.08 GSPS with 11-bit resolution, and up to 1.23 GSPS with 16-bit resolution. The AD9175 can be alternatively configured as a dual DAC, with each DAC operating across an independent JESD204B link, at the previously described data rates.
- Ultrawide bandwidth single DAC modes supporting up to 4 GSPS with 11-bit resolution, 12-bit SERDES packing.
- Wireless communications infrastructure
- Multiband base station radios
- Microwave/E-band backhaul systems
- Instrumentation, automatic test equipment (ATE)
- Radars and jammers