Cybersecurity is a key topic that will be highlighted at International Wireless Communication Expo (IWCE), the premier annual event for communications technology professionals, scheduled to take place March 21-25, 2016 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. As more critical systems become connected it also means that communications technology infrastructures are more vulnerable to hacking and cyber attacks.
IWCE’s opening keynote will be presented by Curtis Levinson, Cybersecurity Advisor to NATO.
He will discuss threats to the critical infrastructure, including power grids and communications systems across the globe, as well as the adversaries that are targeting the U.S. with cyber attacks. He will also outline specific cybersecurity considerations for the communications-technology industry and provide practical actionable remediation—policies, procedures and technology—that can be implemented right now to help protect your valuable data and networks.
- IWCE will offer several educational sessions on cybersecurity including:
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- The Threat to Technology: Cybersecurity Overview
- The Power Grid: The Biggest Vulnerability
- The Challenges for Security in the Wireless Environment
- Armageddon! How a Cyber Breach Can Disable a City
- Case Studies in Vulnerability
- SCADA, Industrial IoT and Cybersecurity Convergence
For additional information on IWCE, the conference programand to sign up for email updates, visit iwceexpo.com.