NI (formerly AWR Corp.) announces that NI AWR Design Environment™ will be featured in the second annual National Instruments-sponsored RF/microwave power amplifier (PA) design forum at European Microwave Week 2015 (EuMW2015) on Wednesday, Sept. 9 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. EuMW takes place in Paris from Sept. 6 to 11. For agenda details and to register, visit awrcorp.com/eumw2015/rf-mw-pa-forum.
This design forum, entitled, “Device Technologies, Characterization, Modeling and End-Use Applications,” will focus on the device technologies, characterization, modeling and end-use applications of RF and microwave power amplifiers (PAs). The forum aims to foster discussion and provide insight into the latest approaches to device models and parameter extraction measurement techniques and process technologies, as well as modern PA design flow and theory. Keynote speaker Dr. Steve C. Cripps of Cardiff University will discuss RF PA Design Flow: The Great Debate. Presenting companies are NI, AWR Group, AMPSA, ETL Systems, Modelithics, AMCAD Engineering, Anteverta, Mesuro and ESIEE.
The forum’s agenda is broken into sequential sessions to allow attendees to selectively attend any/all presentations of interest. Agenda topics include:
- New Capabilities for PA Designers - NI AWR Design Environment V12
- Keynote: RF PA Design Flow: The Great Debate
- Designing Matching Networks for Modern Linear Amplifiers
- Practical Broadband Power Amplifier Design Method Using Load-Line, Load-Pull and Real-Frequency Synthesis Techniques
- An Expanded Model Library for Discrete Qorvo GaN Power Transistors
- Integration of STAN and the NI AWR Design Environment Framework
- A Simple Solution for Fast and Reliable Nonlinear Behavioral Model Extraction
- Measurement and Behavioral Modeling of High Power Transistors
- Framework for RF PA Linearization by Adaptive Digital Predistortion
ADF2015/User Group Meeting
Also taking place at EuMW2015 is the combined AWR Design Forum (ADF) and European User Group Meeting. ADF is an open forum that brings together customers, partners and microwave/RF engineering professionals to learn, network and collaborate on the design of today's microwave and RF circuits and systems. Presentations include:NI AWR Design
- Environment Overview: New Technologies of V12
- Transceiver Module and Multi-Element Phased-Array Design for 5G Mobile Communications
- Remote Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Waveform Engineering for RF Power Amplifier Development
- Successful GaAs MMIC Design Examples Featuring NI AWR Software
- UWB Filter (80 MHz to 6 GHz) With Five Embedded High-Rejection Notched Bands
About NI AWR Software
The NI AWR Design Environment software portfolio includes RF/microwave electronic design automation (EDA) tools such as Visual System Simulator™ for system design, Microwave Office/Analog Office for microwave/RF circuit design, and AXIEM and Analyst™ for electromagnetic analysis. NI AWR software tools help design engineers to dramatically reduce development time and cost for components, circuits, systems and subsystems employed in wireless, high-speed wired, broadband, aerospace and defense, and electro-optical applications. Learn more at ni.com/awr.