Richardson RFPD Inc. announced the availability and full design support capabilities for a new 1.7 kV, 8.0 m Ω, 300 A all-silicon carbide half-bridge module and associated 1.7 kV driver from Cree, Inc.
The CAS300M17BM2 includes C2M™ MOSFETs and Z-Rec™ diodes and features ultra-low loss, high-frequency operation, zero reverse recovery current from the diodes, zero turn-off tail current from the MOSFETs, fail-safe operation, ease of paralleling, and a copper baseplate and aluminum nitride insulator.
The new module enables compact and lightweight systems, offers high efficiency operation, mitigates over-voltage protection, and facilitates reduced thermal requirements and system cost.
The CAS300M17BM2 is ideally suited for a range of applications, including high-frequency resonant converters and inverters, solar and wind inverters, UPS and SMPS, motor drive, and traction.
According to Cree, additional key features of the CAS300M17BM2 include:
- Drain source voltage (VDSmax): 1.7kV
- Total switching energy (ESW) (@ 300A, 150 ºC): 23.7mJ
- On state resistance (RDS(on)) (Typical, VGS=20V, IDS=225A): 8.0m?
- Package size: 62mm x 106mm x 30mm
The PT62SCMD17 is a dual 1.7kV SiC MOSFET driver designed to drive the CAS300M17BM2 module. According to Cree, it features:
- Low jitter: typical 1ns
- +20V/-6V gate driving
- Over-current protected
- Switching frequencies up to 125 kHz
- Adjustable dead and blanking time
- Dead-time generator
- Output currents up to +/-20A
- Under- and over-voltage lock out
- High dV/dt immunity
- No optocouplers
- RS422 input interface
- Large power supply range: from 15V up to 24V