Richardson RFPD Inc. announced the availability and full design support capabilities for a new multiple input and multiple output, RF transceiver from Lime Microsystems.
The LMS7002M is a fully-integrated, multiband, multi-standard, programmable MIMO RF transceiver. It combines low noise amplifiers, driver amplifiers, mixers, filters, synthesizers, receiver (RX) gain control, transmitter (TX) power control, and analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters into a single 11.5 mm x 11.5 mm QFN-packaged product, requiring few external components. It covers 30 to 3800 MHz (0.1 to 3800 MHz when extended by transceiver signal processor numerically controlled oscillators), with 0 dBm Pout from the driver amplifier, and 2.5 dB noise figure at 2 GHz at the RX input.
The LMS7002M is well suited for a range of applications, including broadband wireless communications, avionics and defense, 3G and 4G cellular infrastructure, software defined radio (SDR), cognitive radio, unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), and WiFi operating in the whitespace frequencies, as well as other whitespace applications.
An evaluation kit (UWCT7002) is also available.
According to Lime Microsystems, key features of the LMS7002M include:
- Field programmable radio frequency (FPRF) chip
- Dual transceiver ideal for MIMO
- Continuous coverage of the 100 kHz–3.8 GHz RF frequency range
- Digital interface to baseband with on chip integrated 12 bit D/A and A/D converters
- Programmable RF modulation bandwidth up to 120 MHz
- Supports both TDD and full duplex FDD
- LimeLight™ digital IQ interface – JEDEC JESD207 TDD and FDD compliant
- On-chip RF calibration circuitry
- Low voltage operation: 1.25V, 1.4V and 1.8V. Integrated LDOs to run on a single 1.8V supply voltage
To find more information, or to purchase this product today online, please visit the LMS7002M webpage. The device is also available by calling 1-800-737-6937.