Multi-function evaluation board easily configurable for different topologies with SiC MOSFETs and SiC diodes
Richardson RFPD Inc. announced the availability and full design support capabilities for a new SiC MOSFET evaluation kit from Cree, Inc.
The KIT8020CRD8FF1217P-1 evaluation kit can be used to demonstrate the high performance of Cree’s 1200 V SiC MOSFETs and SiC Schottky diodes and includes:
- Two C2M0280120D Cree SiC 1200V, 80m?, TO-247-3 MOSFETs
- Two C4D20120D Cree SiC 1200V, 20A, TO-247-3 Schottky diodes
- Evaluation board with an Avago gate driver
- A compatible heat sink
- All mounting hardware
- User Manual
The new evaluation kit can be easily configured for several topologies, such as basic phase-leg configurations. The evaluation board may be used:
- To evaluate the SiC MOSFET performance during switching events and steady state operation;
- To configure different topologies with SiC MOSFETs and SiC diodes;
- To perform functional testing with SiC MOSFETs (e.g., double pulse test to measure switching losses (Eon and Eoff));
- As a PCB layout example for driving SiC MOSFETs and SiC diodes; and
- As a gate drive reference design for a TO-247 SiC MOSFET.
The full reference design layout and schematic are available by request.
To find more information, or to purchase this kit today online, please visit the KIT8020CRD8FF1217P-1 webpage. The kit is also available by calling 1-800-737-6937.