Richardson RFPD Inc. announces immediate availability and full design support capabilities for a new up-converter for point-to-point applications from M/A-COM Technology Solutions (MACOM).
The MAUC-010506 is an integrated up-converter featuring a typical conversion gain of 14 dB, an image rejection of 25 dBc, and 21 dBm third order intercept (IIP3). The device includes an LO doubler, LO buffer amplifier, and RF buffer amplifier. Variable gain can be achieved by adjusting the bias, with turn-down trajectories optimized to maintain linearity and 2xLO leakage over the gain control range. The output IP3 is 33 dBm at maximum gain. It is available in a lead-free 4 mm, 24-lead QFN package.
The MAUC-010506 is ideally-suited for 18 and 23 GHz band point-to-point radios under both LSB and USB operation and is the latest addition to MACOM's line of point-to-point chipset solutions, which also includes chipsets covering all bands from 6 GHz to 42 GHz. With a systems-driven approach to integration, coupled with innovative IC and package design capabilities, MACOM's point-to-point devices enable faster time-to-market with optimal performance.
Examples of other devices in MACOM's point-to-point chipset solutions include:
- XB1014-QT-0G0T: three-stage 37.0-40.0 GHz GaAs MMIC buffer amplifier with a small signal gain of 21.0 dB and 20.0 dBm P1dB output compression point
- XP1080-QU-0N0T: four-stage 37.0-40.0 GHz packaged GaAs MMIC power amplifier with a small signal gain of 25.0 dB and a +38.0 dBm output third order intercept
- XR1019-QH-0G00: 27.5-33.4 GHz QFN-packaged receiver with a noise figure of 2.5 dB and 13.0 dB conversion gain
- XU1010-QH-0G00: 17.0-34.0 GHz GaAs packaged up-converter with an input third order intercept point of +23.0 dBm and 10.0 dB of conversion loss
- XB1007-QT-0G00: two stage 4.0-11.0 GHz GaAs MMIC buffer amplifier with a small signal gain of 23.0 dB and a +20.0 dBm P1dB output compression point
Richardson RFPD's design advisors provide extensive technical expertise and design-in assistance for MACOM products, including its point-to-point chipset solutions and the new MAUC-010506 up-converter. The devices are in stock and available for immediate delivery by purchasing on the Richardson RFPD website. The devices are also available by calling 1-800-737-6937 (within North America); or please find your local sales engineer (worldwide) at Local Sales Support. To learn about additional products from MACOM, please visit the MACOM storefront webpage.