Richardson RFPD Inc. announced its sponsorship of the Electronic Design Innovation Conference China (EDI CON) 2016 GaN Panel and Small Cell Workshop events. EDI CON China 2016 will be held from April 19-21 at the China National Convention Center in Beijing, China.
The Richardson RFPD-sponsored GaN Panel features experts from NXP, MACOM, New Edge, Ampleon and Wolfspeed. Additional details are as follows:
- Title: “Realizing the Full Potential of GaN: Incorporating Efficiency, Linearity, Bandwidth, and Size Improvements for RF Power Amplifiers”
- Time and place: Wednesday, April 20th, from 16:10 to 16:50 (local time), in Room 402A/B
- Overview: The inherent characteristics of GaN have disrupted the RF power amplifier market by improving existing features of amplifiers designed using RF silicon and GaAs technology, as well as enabling completely new product categories. The panelists will discuss these attributes of GaN for RF applications, including test and measurement, microwave heating, broadcast and communications, as well as the newest techniques to enable next generation performance.
- Topics: thermal management and optimization, Doherty implementation, envelope tracking, cost drivers and pricing
- Panelists: Antoine Rabany (Portfolio Manager, NXP), Echo Cheng (Director of Shanghai Wireless Product Center, MACOM), Chris Rauh (Vice President, Sales and Marketing, New Edge Signal Solutions), Alan Pan (Regional Marketing Director, Ampleon), Ivan Hsieh (Director, APEC Sales, Wolfspeed RF Products)
Details on the Richardson RFPD-sponsored Small Cell Workshop include:
- Title: Small Cells and Software Defined Radio (SDR) Design
- Time and place: Tuesday, April 19th, from 14:20 to 15:00 (local time), in Room 402A/B
- Overview: The requirements for small cell telecommunications equipment and SDR have been converging due to the commonality of features, the push for higher integration, the combination of high-speed digital and high-performance RF circuitry, and to meet the cost threshold to enable broad adoption. This workshop will examine an emerging architecture for these applications, address the individual building block components, and show a novel approach for combining these components into an innovative solution that will help meet these challenges.
- Presenter: Chris Rauh (Vice President, Sales and Marketing, New Edge Signal Solutions)
Richardson RFPD will also exhibit at EDI CON. Additional information about both events, as well as a featured lineup of industry-leading suppliers and new products, will be available at the Richardson RFPD booth #201.
More information is available online at www.richardsonrfpd.com.