Linear Technology Corp. introduces the LTC2323-16, a dual 16-bit 5 Msps simultaneous sampling, successive approximation register (SAR) ADC with flexible differential inputs. The LTC2323-16 supports a wide input common mode range and simplifies system-level design by relaxing the signal conditioning requirements to drive the ADC with a wide range of analog signals up to Nyquist frequencies.
The LTC2323-16 leads a family of 16-, 14- and 12-bit SAR ADCs, featuring sample rates of 5 Msps and 2 Msps while achieving 81 dB SNR at 16 bits, 80 dB SNR at 14 bits and 73dB SNR at 12 bits. The 14- and 12-bit versions feature sign plus magnitude transfer functions, making them ideally suited for control loop applications. The LTC2323 family integrates a precision bandgap reference with low drift and guaranteed 20ppm/°C maximum temperature coefficient into a small 20mm² QFN-28 package. The devices can be powered from a 3.3V or 5V supply and consume just 55mW with a 3.3V supply and 80mW with a 5V supply. The high speed SPI-compatible CMOS or LVDS serial interface is ideal for highly integrated high speed systems.
The LTC2323-16 is available today in commercial, industrial and automotive (-40°C to 125°C) temperature grades. Pricing begins at $13.95 each in 1,000-piece quantities. The DC1996A evaluation board for the LTC2323 SAR ADC family is available at www.linear.com/demo or via a local Linear Technology sales office. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTC2323-16.
Summary of features: LTC2323-16
- 5Msps Throughput Rate
- ±4LSB INL (Typ)
- Guaranteed 16-Bit, No Missing Codes
- 8VP-P Flexible Differential Inputs with Wide Input Common Mode Range
- 81dB SNR (Typ) at fIN = 2.2MHz
- -85dB THD (Typ) at fIN = 2.2MHz
- Guaranteed Operation to 125°C
- Single 3.3V or 5V Supply
- Low Drift (20ppm/&deC Max) 2.048V or 4.096V Internal Reference
- 1.8V to 2.5V I/O Voltages
- CMOS or LVDS SPI-Compatible Serial I/O
- Power Dissipation 40mW/Ch (Typ)
- Small 28-Lead (4mm x 5mm) QFN Package