- Buyers Guide
Skyworks powers leading gaming platforms
Skyworks Solutions Inc., an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors enabling a broad range of end markets announced that its front-end modules, low noise amplifiers, switches and power detectors are being utilized across the world’s foremost gaming platforms such as the Sony PlayStation®, Nintendo Wii™ and Microsoft Xbox. Skyworks has been delivering RF solutions across nearly all gaming platforms for several generations.
“Skyworks is proud to be at the heart of all leading gaming platforms,” said Liam K. Griffin, executive vice president and corporate general manager at Skyworks. “Our analog and connectivity solutions are helping to create a truly unique user experience with social capabilities. This is yet another example of Skyworks’ ability to capitalize on the unprecedented demand for wireless ubiquity across the Internet of Things, with online gaming platforms becoming an increasingly popular form of network access.”
According to Gartner’s “Forecast: Video Game Ecosystem, Worldwide 4Q13” report, the worldwide video game marketplace, which includes video game console hardware and software, online mobile and PC games, is forecasted to reach $111 billion by 2015, up from $79 billion in 2012. Sales of existing console hardware alone are forecast to grow from $15.9 billion in 2013 to $22.7 billion in 2015. IDC Research also reports that the number of online console gamers around the globe is on pace to exceed 165 million by 2017. As a result, IDC states that the opportunity to sell these gamers digital assets through Wii U, Xbox One and PS4 online storefronts will grow substantially in the next several years.
About Skyworks’ Gaming Solutions
- AS179-000is a monolithic, single pole double throw switch (SPDT) fabricated using Skyworks’ proprietary gallium arsenide, pseudomorphic high electron mobility transistors as the switching elements.
- AS179-92LFis an integrated circuit, field effect transistor SPDT switch in a low cost, miniature SC-70, six-lead plastic package.
- SE2568Uis a complete, high efficiency 802.11 b/g wireless local area network discrete power amplifier (PA).
- SE2574BL-Ris a complete 802.11 b/g/n WLAN discrete PA.
- SE2597Lis a PA with power detector designed for use in the 2.4 gigahertz (GHz), industrial-scientific-medical band for WLAN applications.
- SE2614BTis a complete, high efficiency 802.11 b/g/n WLAN front-end module (FEM) providing all the functionality of the PA, power detector, single pole triple throw switch and 50 ohm matching on all radio frequency ports in an ultra compact form factor.
- SE2621Lis a complete, high efficiency 802.11b/g/n WLAN FEM providing all the functionality of the PA, power detector, double pole double throw switch for diversity antenna and 50 ohm matching on all RF ports in an ultra-compact form factor.
- SE5008Lis a single chip integrated FEM with a low noise amplifier utilizing bypass mode for tolerance to near field power, and a SPDT switch to complement WLAN chipsets with an integrated 5 GHz PA.