- Buyers Guide
Doodle Labs announces very high throughput MIMO wireless broadband for the military
Doodle Labs is proud to announce a very high performance embedded MIMO radio transceiver for military applications. The ACM-TB-3 is a tri-band, 3 MIMO stream wireless adapter in standard miniPCI Express form factor. The transceiver features state-of-the-art, near line of sight, self-adapting multi-rate OFDM technology and complies with the IEEE 802.11ac standard. The ACM-TB-3 transceiver can provide up to 1.3 Gbps radio data rate and enables the next generation bandwidth hungry IP applications to stream video, data, and voice.
For long-range and applications requiring different operating frequencies, ACM-TB-3 radio can be paired with the Doodle Labs’ family of Prism FES to achieve up to 35 dBm of RF power and operate within 100 MHz to 6 GHz range. The ACM-TB-3 has an integrated GPS (optional) to simplify development of location aware applications. This is a COTS transceiver designed for rugged/outdoor applications and has extended Military temperature range.
The ACM-TB-3 is ideal for embedding advanced communication capabilities in following applications:
- Rapidly deployable Mesh points in stationary and mobile environments
- Manpack and Small Form Fit radios
- Very High Throughput backhaul infrastructure
- HD Video streaming from Unmanned Vehicles (UAV and UGV)
- 3 stream MIMO to deliver up to 1.3 Gbps radio data rate
- Software selection from 5.x, 4.9 or 2.4 GHz operating bands
- Integrated LNA for better Rx sensitivity
- Highly linear PA provides low EVM (1.8%) signals for 256 QAM. Up to 28 dBm of RF power (23 dBm/stream @ 16 QAM)
- AP, STA and Ad-hoc modes to implement Infrastructure and Mesh networks
- Optional SiRF Star IV, 48-channel GPS engine with power feed for active antenna
- Small packet size (96 Bytes) in AES encryption at full packet rate
- Loopback mode to assist in FIPS certification
- High resolution 8 bits spectral analysis
- Rugged, Military grade construction. MMCX connectors. Extended Temperature range (-40 deg C ~ +70 deg C).