Linear Technology announces the high temperature H-grade version of the LTC3122 in a 12-lead thermally enhanced MSOP package. The LTC3122 is a 3 MHz current-mode, synchronous boost DC/DC converter with integrated output disconnect. Its internal 2.5 A switches deliver output voltages as high as 15 V from an input voltage range of 1.8 V at start-up (0.5 V when running) to 5.5 V, making it ideal for various battery chemistries or standard 3.3 and 5 V power sources.
The LTC3122 can deliver up to 800mA of continuous output current at 12V from a 5V input. Pin-selected Burst Mode® operation lowers quiescent current to only 25µA, providing extended battery run time in handheld applications. The combination of its thermally enhanced MSOP-12 package and a constant switching frequency up to 3MHz enables the designer to balance printed circuit board solution size with required efficiency.
The H-grade version is specified over an operating junction temperature range of -40°C to +150°C. The electrical specifications are identical to the existing E and I grades. This version is ideal for automotive, industrial and military applications that are subject to high ambient temperatures.
The LTC3122HMSE is available in a 12-lead thermally enhanced MSOP package, priced starting at $2.98 each for 1,000-piece quantities and is available from stock. For more information, visit www.linear.com.
Summary of Features: LTC3122HMSE
- 150°C Max Operating Junction Temperature
- VIN Range: 1.8V to 5.5V, 500mV After Start-Up
- Output Voltage Range: 2.2V to 15V
- 800mA Output Current for VIN = 5V & VOUT = 12V
- Output Disconnects from Input when Shutdown
- Synchronous Rectification: up to 95% Efficiency
- Inrush Current Limit
- Up to 3MHz Adjustable Switching Frequency Synchronizable to External Clock
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation: 25µA IQ
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- <1µA IQ in Shutdown
- 12-Lead Thermally Enhanced MSOP Package