- Buyers Guide
Expanded product offering and custom capabilities from API Technologies' Magnetics group
API Technologies Corp., a trusted provider of RF/microwave, microelectronics, and security solutions for critical and high-reliability applications, announces an expanded magnetic product family and increased custom design and manufacturing capabilities. Since acquiring three well known magnetic entities, API has combined the people, products and technologies into a single division. The API Magnetics group now produces a broader range of magnetic devices, including transformers, inductors, chokes and coils as well as custom application-specific solutions.
The API Magnetics group is poised to help identify the ideal magnetic product for any application. With a wealth of experience in engineering, API offers extensive custom design and manufacturing capabilities. In order to satisfy unique requirements, API's team will modify a standard product or develop a new "clean sheet" solution. These custom magnetic solutions result in a product that addresses a variety of critical design criteria, such as electrical characteristics, mechanical constraints, environmental conditions, regulating requirements and qualification conditions.
API Magnetics' expanded magnetic product families include:
- The current transformers family includes current sensors, high frequency current transformers and load detector current sensors and features wide frequency and current ranges
- The power Inductors/chokes line offers precision wound heavy-duty toroidal inductors of up to 100 Amps standard
- The switch mode power supply Inductor family is made up of filter inductors, toroidal current sense transformers and high frequency inverter transformers and is performance-verified in 25 kHz power supply
- The lighting chokes & Inductor/filters line of precision wound heavy-duty toroidal inductors features a high quality noise rejection filter in a rugged design
- Toroidal power transformers are available in a European series, a US series and a MIL series, with frequencies up to 400Hz
- Laminate power transformers feature value ranges from 3 VA to 100,000 VA
- The modem & module transformers line includes broadband and voiceband transformers used for datacom and telecom applications
- Air coils are custom and build-to-print for RF power, filter and sensing applications
As a key supplier to many of the world's leading OEMs in the military, aerospace, medical, telecom, transport, RF, commercial/consumer and industrial lighting and industrial/test markets, API Magnetics products can be built to meet some of the industry's most stringent requirements, including many MIL, ANSI and ISO certifications.